Black fields in GUI - RESOLVED

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
motujared
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: Black fields in GUI

Post by motujared »

Irimi Nage wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 12:35 pm James I'm happy your system is more solid but unfortunately I still get the UADx crash. Everything is on the latest versions. I don't have any "Gathering Info..." issues on my system that I can see. Just DP crashing when there are UADx plugins instantiated.

Is there a file I could delete to trigger a new "Gathering Info..." file being written? Maybe it'd renew something causing the crash but I'm not familiar with what to try specifically.

Earlier today, literally every open window was blacked out haha
If you haven't already, I would suggest trying the latest 11.23 installer. We recently put a fix in that should help with black windows.
HCMarkus
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by HCMarkus »

motujared wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:26 am If you haven't already, I would suggest trying the latest 11.23 installer. We recently put a fix in that should help with black windows.
Hi Jared. Just want to say "Thanks" for joining in here at MOTUNation.

I know I am not alone in appreciating the insight you bring to this forum.
HC Markus
M1 Mac Studio Ultra • 64GB RAM • 828es • macOS 14.5 • DP 11.32
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

HCMarkus wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:12 am
motujared wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:26 am If you haven't already, I would suggest trying the latest 11.23 installer. We recently put a fix in that should help with black windows.
Hi Jared. Just want to say "Thanks" for joining in here at MOTUNation.

I know I am not alone in appreciating the insight you bring to this forum.
Indeed. Thank you, Jared. And I just want to make it clear... I personally feel very fortunate that Jared has been good enough to respond to posts on this site and as the forum owner, it's very important to me that he be treated with the same courtesy and respect that ALL users here should. So I will be watching. Just keep that in mind. Keep your interactions polite!
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5, DP 11.32, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Irimi Nage

Post by Irimi Nage »

That fixed it! Thanks a BAZILLION Jared. :headbang:
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Irimi Nage wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:00 am That fixed it! Thanks a BAZILLION Jared. :headbang:
Woohooo!!!! Excellent news! I'll mark this topic "RESOLVED."
:woohoo:

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5, DP 11.32, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
cuttime

Re: Black fields in GUI - RESOLVED

Post by cuttime »

Don't want to derail the thread, but THRILLED to have Jared here! :woohoo:
828x MacOS 13.6.7 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.32
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

cuttime wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:29 am Don't want to derail the thread, but THRILLED to have Jared here! :woohoo:
You and me BOTH!! :woohoo:

motujared
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by motujared »

I'm glad to hear that solved things, and I do appreciate the warm welcome from everyone!

To manage expectations, I'm hanging around here as time permits in a somewhat unofficial capacity, so don't expect miracles... 😅 Just here to pop in with quick solutions when possible, and gather information/feedback when relevant :)
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

motujared wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 2:08 pm... I'm hanging around here as time permits in a somewhat unofficial capacity, so don't expect miracles... 😅
Duly noted, and still appreciated. It's wise to make that clear. Some years back, Dave Roberts (aka Magic Dave) used to pop in when he was working at MOTU and he made the same disclaimer, which is a smart thing to do.

Even in your "somewhat unofficial" capacity, with the understanding that you're quite busy, I know that we are appreciative whenever you *do* have a moment to drop in. Thanks again!