Slow-forward PLAYBACK

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
italodisco
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Slow-forward PLAYBACK

Post by italodisco »

Hi, here goes any DP cred I had but does anyone know how to get slow playback to work? Like where it plays half-speed, like a slowed-down tape. It was number keypad 6 forever then it changed. I could re-assign it in old versions and now I can't figure it out at all - "6" on the keypad is already taken to skip-ahead by measure, and I can't seem to re-assign it for the life of me. Sorry in case I'm not using the DP vernacular for all of the above functions.

Thank you in advance.
bayswater
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Slow-forward PLAYBACK

Post by bayswater »

I also noticed that this had changed recently. Have a look a the Transport Preferences. There are settings there that might need changing. It looks like the default is for Slow Forward to move one tick at a time, and not to move continuously. So if you don’t change these, the command will just move the playback head a few milliseconds and then sit there.
2018 Mini i7 32G macOS 12.6, DP 11.32, Mixbus 10, Logic 10.7, Scarlett 18i8
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Slow-forward PLAYBACK

Post by mikehalloran »

DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.5 b4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro