MX4 v2 released (Tiger compatible)

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's powerful MX4 software synthesizer.

Moderator: James Steele

TechSupport
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

MX4 v2 released (Tiger compatible)

Post by TechSupport »

We've just released MX4 v2, which is also OS 10.4 (Tiger) compatible. For info on Tiger compatibility, head here:

http://www.motu.com/newsitems/atnewsitem.2005-04-27.9629827615

For more info on MX4's new features in v2, head here:

http://www.motu.com/products/software/mx4/whatsnew.html

Please let us know if you have any questions or feedback (please e-mail techsupport@motu.com, with "MX4 v2" in the subject).
dix

Re: MX4 v2 released (Tiger compatible)

Post by dix »

plus a 14 day trial version! I guess they're paying attention afterall :)
14-inch MBP M1 Max (2021), 13.6.x, 64GB RAM, UAD Quad Tb Satellite, 4 displays ::: 2009 4,1 > 5,1 MacPro 12-core 3.33 ghz , 10.14.x, 96GB RAM, GeForce GTX 770 , NewerTech eSATA/USB3 PCIe Host Adapter, UAD-2 Quad, ::: 15-inch MBP (2015) 10.14.x, 16GB RAM ::: Lynx Aurora (n) USB ::: DP (latest version), Vienna Ensemble Pro danwool.com
Nama

Post by Nama »

Hey, our east coast tour including 2 nyc shows is coming soon. Thank you so much for releasing the version 2 now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thracks

Post by thracks »

Awesome. Good job MOTU! Unfortunately I just sent off my PCI 424 card off for an exchange to a G5 compatible card, so I'm out of business for a while, and wont be able to check it out.
Steve

2020 Mac Mini | Ventura | 828x |
motumacman

Post by motumacman »

yes i seconf that motu has done a fine job in the tiger confusion..
dix

Post by dix »

Holy Moly! This update *completely* reinvents MX4 imo. I've only been at it a half hour or so, but so far I'm very impressed. Thanks MOTU!
14-inch MBP M1 Max (2021), 13.6.x, 64GB RAM, UAD Quad Tb Satellite, 4 displays ::: 2009 4,1 > 5,1 MacPro 12-core 3.33 ghz , 10.14.x, 96GB RAM, GeForce GTX 770 , NewerTech eSATA/USB3 PCIe Host Adapter, UAD-2 Quad, ::: 15-inch MBP (2015) 10.14.x, 16GB RAM ::: Lynx Aurora (n) USB ::: DP (latest version), Vienna Ensemble Pro danwool.com
RCory

Post by RCory »

Originally posted by thracks:
Awesome. Good job MOTU! Unfortunately I just sent off my PCI 424 card off for an exchange to a G5 compatible card, so I'm out of business for a while, and wont be able to check it out.
you could always use internal sound!
thanatopsis
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by thanatopsis »

plus a 14 day trial version! I guess they're paying attention afterall :) [/QUOTE]

Watch out for those 14-day demos! That's just long enough to do some really cool stuff with this awesome MX4 update, and then suddenly it won't work any more and you'll have no choice but to buy it.
Well worth the price, though, if you can afford it. Loads of fun and very intuitive, at least to me.
sdfalk

Post by sdfalk »

Geez I'm really liking MX4.
I really considering selling my Cameleon 5000 license and maybe my Tassman one so I can afford it.
I really like Cameleon though..
DANG IT!!
decisions, decisions... :D
A 2018 Mac mini with 16 gb of ram
HUGE bunch o' AU instruments/fx...
A Metric Halo ULN8-3D…mmmmmmm
Remember to eat all your fruits and vegetables!
My OS is The amazingly gratuitous 10.14
RCory

Post by RCory »

yeah this new version is awesome...I wasn't drawn to 1.0, but this release is great!
fisheraolcom

Post by fisheraolcom »

Can anyone tell me if the original MX4 presets still remain, or did the entire preset bank get reworked? I'm in mid-project, and would hate to lose some of the standard presets that came with the original MX4.

Thanks,
Brian
stretta

Post by stretta »

Can anyone tell me if the original MX4 presets still remain, or did the entire preset bank get reworked?
The installer gives you an option to load the new preset bank, or leave the existing settings alone. Regardless, move your MX4.patches file somewhere safe before you run the installer. It is located in User>Library>Preferences.

Additionally, the installer places copies of the 1.0 and 2.0 banks in the MOTU MX4 folder so you can move them in manually, or add bank by bank via the file pane in MX4.

Also, keep in mind the default 2.0 bank include the 1.0 patches, but the 1.0 patches have been slightly modified (normalized to allow for additional headroom, some original wavetables replaced with band-limited versions, etc... (known as the 1.0+ banks))

If compatibility with legacy patches is desired, you can append the 2.0 patches to your existing banks after installation via the file pane.
thracks

Post by thracks »

Originally posted by RCory:
Originally posted by thracks:
you could always use internal sound!
I'm going to dig up my old PCI 324 card, I've got it stashed away somewhere. That'll tide me over 'till I get my replacement card.
Steve

2020 Mac Mini | Ventura | 828x |