Problems with DP 7.11 Error codes keep coming up

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
rosindabow
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by rosindabow »

Just downloaded and installed DP 7.11 and I keep getting the same error: "Fatal Error An unknown executable could not be loaded. Please contact the software publisher for support using this software" and then this message comes up: "Digital Performer has encountered an error. MAS,0 error reported by Mas Audio Unit Support: Failure:Initialize 213 -10867 [-10867]" Any ideas as to what is happening. Everything was running smooth until I installed this update. Thanks
Last edited by rosindabow on Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DP 11.22, Mac Pro 14,8 macOS X 13.5, 128 GB RAM, Apogee Symphony I/O, Apollo x8p, UAD plug-ins, PSP, Waves Mercury, NI Komplete Ultimate 14, Spectrasonics, Hollywood Orchestra, Spitfire; Symphobia, Los Angeles Scoring Strings, True Strike, VSL, real violins, guitars, mandolins, pianos, drums, percussion & lots of other stuff...
kassonica

Re: Problems with DP 7.11 Error codes keep coming up

Post by kassonica »

TRash the DP preference files in your; home- library- preferences-DP . reboot and try again.

I take it you repaired permissions, after installing?
Creativity, some digital stuff and analogue things that go boom. crackle, bits of wood with strings on them that go twang
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

You may have to rebuild your preferences, and maybe your Bundles. I had that error code come up, too, in a test I was doing with prefs and bundles that didn't match the file I had created. Removing the prefs and starting over fixed the problem.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
rosindabow

Post by rosindabow »

Hi Shooshie. Not sure how to trash Bundles. But trashed all of the rest and repaired disk permissions - and I am still getting errors. This is what I trashed: my hd->Library->Preferences->Digital Performer->MOTU Audio system Prefs+Preferences (both.) Also, trashed the "com.motu.DigitalPerformer.plist". Not sure where to go next. BTW, if I try to the actual program once it's opened, and open up: Setup->Configure Audio System->Configure Hardware Drive ... I get the same error codes. It makes sense - whatever is causing the problem is causing it whenever it tries to access the hardware component of the setup. Any other ideas? Thanks.
DP 11.22, Mac Pro 14,8 macOS X 13.5, 128 GB RAM, Apogee Symphony I/O, Apollo x8p, UAD plug-ins, PSP, Waves Mercury, NI Komplete Ultimate 14, Spectrasonics, Hollywood Orchestra, Spitfire; Symphobia, Los Angeles Scoring Strings, True Strike, VSL, real violins, guitars, mandolins, pianos, drums, percussion & lots of other stuff...
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

rosindabow wrote:"Digital Performer has encountered an error. MAS,0 error reported by Mas Audio Unit Support: Failure:Initialize 213 -10867 [-10867]" Any ideas as to what is happening. Everything was running smooth until I installed this update. Thanks
I'm pretty sure this is the error message I got when opening a project created in an earlier version. After a while, I noticed that DP had loaded a mono instance of SampleTank (does such a thing exist?). Changing it to stereo solved the problem.
Last edited by bayswater on Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2018 Mini i7 32G macOS 12.6, DP 11.32, Mixbus 10, Logic 10.7, Scarlett 18i8
Patricio

Post by Patricio »

same nightmare overhere its really @#$%^ thanks Motu..
now my DP 7.1.1 and the new update 7.1.2 won't start
i'm really stuck. don't know what to do...
DP 10.13 , MACPRO Trashcan 2013 MACOS MOJAVE 10.4.6, Motu828X, MacBook Pro 2.1.6, MacPro, Machfive 3, Sampletank 4, Plugssound Pro,Yamaha MU128, Digitech GSP1101, MIDI Express 128, Studiophile BX8, Uviworkstation, Roland A33.OSX Motu Symphonic Instrument,Uvi Workstation. Kemper profiler Stage
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Patricio wrote: its really @#$%^ thanks Motu..
Feel better now? Have you tried calling tech support?
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5, DP 11.32, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Patricio

Post by Patricio »

Sorry about that James..it wasn't meaned that way.. :(
the problem is that i have a MacPro now and i have installed alot of PGRS and when i was delighted to work with the new DP versions and everything gets stuck.
I have feeling that there is always something wrong when installing fresh new versions of DP.
I got authorisation errors etc etc...i'm Motu user with a most of their gear and software.
But tech support is so slow..its really frustrating
as an example is posted on 12/05/2009 a techlink it was responded on 04/15/2010
than i had question about the Guitar stuff in DP posted on 02/18/2010 and still unread...

For me this forum always handy.

Anyway i might have a solution for people who are having these fatal error popup
by removing the " UniversalUVIPlayerMAS.bundle" from the Mas plug-inn folder.
It work for me DP 7.11 and 7.12 open now without problems..

again sorry for the fuzz (playing loud).....as we guitar players say...won't happen again...
put a paper with a lot of dots in front and i'm quiet... :D
DP 10.13 , MACPRO Trashcan 2013 MACOS MOJAVE 10.4.6, Motu828X, MacBook Pro 2.1.6, MacPro, Machfive 3, Sampletank 4, Plugssound Pro,Yamaha MU128, Digitech GSP1101, MIDI Express 128, Studiophile BX8, Uviworkstation, Roland A33.OSX Motu Symphonic Instrument,Uvi Workstation. Kemper profiler Stage
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Patricio wrote:Anyway i might have a solution for people who are having these fatal error popup
It work for me DP 7.11 and 7.12 open now without problems
What version was it? Might want to write to UVI. That reminds me-- one very important troubleshooting technique to try early on is disabling 3rd party plug ins.

So I guess it wasn't DP's fault after all! :) I may mark this thread resolved.

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5, DP 11.32, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Patricio wrote:same nightmare overhere its really @#$%^ thanks Motu..
So.... not MOTUs fault after all. You need to say "Thanks UVI." so what version of UVI Workstation again?

rosindabow

Post by rosindabow »

James Steele wrote:
Patricio wrote:Anyway i might have a solution for people who are having these fatal error popup
What version was it? Might want to write to UVI. That reminds me-- one very important troubleshooting technique to try early on is disabling 3rd party plug ins.

Hey James, please don't mark it resolved just yet. I have been going through everything and trying to determine if I have any third party conflicts. I don't own UIV but I have contacted MOTU and they told me to get rid of Ethno. Actually, I own Ethno2 which I installed but I had never uninstalled the original Ethno. I have done that but I haven't had a chance to go through everything just yet because of the length of time it took to scan the plugins - about 4 hours. But as I've been told - that only happens once. I sure hope nothing else happens which would make me have to re-scan the plugs yet again. Way too long a wait. I will post back once and if I have everything straightened out. Thanks!
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

rosindabow wrote:
James Steele wrote:

Hey James, please don't mark it resolved just yet. I have been going through everything and trying to determine if I have any third party conflicts. I don't own UIV but I have contacted MOTU and they told me to get rid of Ethno. Actually, I own Ethno2 which I installed but I had never uninstalled the original Ethno. I have done that but I haven't had a chance to go through everything just yet because of the length of time it took to scan the plugins - about 4 hours. But as I've been told - that only happens once. I sure hope nothing else happens which would make me have to re-scan the plugs yet again. Way too long a wait. I will post back once and if I have everything straightened out. Thanks!
Sorry. I thought for a minute that Patricio was the OP and not you. You can change it back by editing your post. Four HOURS to scan plugs? That seems totally out there. I can't imagine it taking so long. You can enable/disable plugs in DP's audio prefs as well as re-scan individual plugs BTW.

rosindabow

Re: Problems with DP 7.11 Error codes keep coming up RESOLV

Post by rosindabow »

Upgraded to 7.12 - Still having terrible problems with this same error message... I have installed new versions of everything - still the same issue. I don't want to begin again as I have so many soft-synths and plugins and last time it took me over 4 hours to re-install. I don't own UVI, I have update to Ethno2, I don't know what else to try. It is happening in every file I open - granted, many of these were begun in older versions of DP but I have to work on these files. I cannot begin new projects from scratch when a lot of my work is "ongoing." Any other trouble-shooting suggestions?
templar2
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by templar2 »

Hi everybody
Just wanted to ask if there´s any solution to the "fatal error" situation yet.
I just installed DP 7.21 on a brand new Mac Pro. After years of smooth sailing with Motu I encounter this "fatal error" every time I try to launch DP 7.21 . I removed Mach5-2 , BPM, Ethno, repaired permissions, re-installed DP 7.12 and upgraded to 7.21....
Still have this problem. I saw that your posts concerning this problem are already a few months old; so are there any news?
Thanks a lot for any info.
gjensse

Post by gjensse »

I have been struggling with this problem all afternoon. I solved it by uninstalling DP 7 and MachFive2 before reinstalling them again. Now the Fatal Error-message is gone :-)
Mac Mini 2020, OSX 13.6, DP 11, UVI Falcon, MOTU 16A, MOTU 8A, MOTU UltraLite AVB.