New Forum - cool!

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Phil O
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

New Forum - cool!

Post by Phil O »

I like the new DP sub-forums. It makes it easier to figure out where to post things, and easier to sort though which posts you want to read. Thanks, James, for taking the time to do this!

Phil
DP 11.32, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.5/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.
midilance

Re: New Forum - cool!

Post by midilance »

Great idea!
Mac Studio m2 Max // OS 14.3.1 // DP 11.3.1 // MotU Ultralite mk4 // Komplete Ultimate 14 // Arturia V Collection 9 // Korg Collection // Stylus RMX 1.8 // Omnisphere 2.6.2c // Scarbee Keys and Basses // T-Racks 5 // Amplitube 5 // BFD3 // Blue3 // PolyM //
mhschmieder

Post by mhschmieder »

Good job -- this will make it much easier to browse topics of interest.

Looks like a few might have been miscategorised, but I stress "a few" -- this must have been a herculean task to split off the main forum.
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.6, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10
RME Babyface Pro FS, Radial JDV Mk5, Hammond XK-4, Moog Voyager

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35
Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Eastman T486RB, T64/V, Ibanez PM2, D'angelico Deluxe SS Bari, EXL1
Guild Bari, 1512 12-string, M20, Martin OM28VTS, Larivee 0040MH
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

The categorization has a LONG way to go. That is to say I'm through 3 of 393 pages of posts. That's because I added a Digital Perfomer Tutorial Video section and you can now embed YouTube video in posts.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5, DP 11.32, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
kassonica

Post by kassonica »

Once again James you have shown your dedication to this community and your foresight into making your forum a great place to visit, share tips and to learn.

Thanks once again.
Creativity, some digital stuff and analogue things that go boom. crackle, bits of wood with strings on them that go twang
Killahurts

Post by Killahurts »

Yes it's all good James but... (and you can and should take this with a grain), I'd like to see the the Troubleshooting/ Criticism forum be broken in two as well. The "My DAW is better" threads should have their own space, off in an obscure corner somewhere. :wink:
DP11, 2019 16-Core Mac Pro, Monterey, 64GB RAM. RME HDSPe MADI FX to SSL Alphalink to SSL Matrix console, and multiple digital sub consoles. UAD Quad PCIe. Outboard stuff.
kassonica

Post by kassonica »

Killahurts wrote:Yes it's all good James but... (and you can and should take this with a grain), I'd like to see the the Troubleshooting/ Criticism forum be broken in two as well. The "My DAW is better" threads should have their own space, off in an obscure corner somewhere. :wink:
:lol: :lol:
Creativity, some digital stuff and analogue things that go boom. crackle, bits of wood with strings on them that go twang
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Killahurts wrote:Yes it's all good James but... (and you can and should take this with a grain), I'd like to see the the Troubleshooting/ Criticism forum be broken in two as well. The "My DAW is better" threads should have their own space, off in an obscure corner somewhere. :wink:
Yeah... that might best be banished to OT, since it's what I call "MOTU theoretical discussion" which also includes MOTU corporate policy and the like.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5, DP 11.32, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
SixStringGeek

Post by SixStringGeek »

James Steele wrote:The categorization has a LONG way to go. That is to say I'm through 3 of 393 pages of posts. That's because I added a Digital Perfomer Tutorial Video section and you can now embed YouTube video in posts.
Yeah but its cool. Here's an idea for ya - maybe have a plugs forum for posting about cool group buys, new releases, and tips on upgrades. A big value for me is watching the forums and seeing someone post a notice that there's a downloadable release for stylus or something. Its stuff we care about, but its not strictly speaking DP related.
DP 8.newest on MacPro 5,1 Dual Hex 3.33GHz 64G Ram, 3TB SSDs.
Thousands of $'s worth of vintage gear currently valued in the dozens of dollars.
mhschmieder

Post by mhschmieder »

That's a good idea, but I for one don't want to make any more work for James (and Shooshie if he's involved in this reorganisation as co-moderator).

As plugs discussions are often not specific to DP but more to getting quality end recordings, they probably do distract a bit from general DP usage discussions, so a separate sub-forum probably would help.
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.6, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10
RME Babyface Pro FS, Radial JDV Mk5, Hammond XK-4, Moog Voyager

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35
Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Eastman T486RB, T64/V, Ibanez PM2, D'angelico Deluxe SS Bari, EXL1
Guild Bari, 1512 12-string, M20, Martin OM28VTS, Larivee 0040MH
Killahurts

Post by Killahurts »

James Steele wrote:... since it's what I call "MOTU theoretical discussion" which also includes MOTU corporate policy and the like.
Yeah, like we know. :wink:
DP11, 2019 16-Core Mac Pro, Monterey, 64GB RAM. RME HDSPe MADI FX to SSL Alphalink to SSL Matrix console, and multiple digital sub consoles. UAD Quad PCIe. Outboard stuff.
Armageddon

Post by Armageddon »

I still think you're gonna have your hands full, because the DP topic seems to run the gamut from various versions of DP, to what kind of hardware works best with DP, to what kind of software works best with DP, to what kinds of plugs we enjoy using with DP and so on. As for "Comparative DAW 101", that's probably the crass sort of subject matter that doesn't even belong on this forum. If you like Logic, go on the damn Logic forum.
Mid- 2012 MacBook Pro Quad-core i7 2.7 GHz/16 GB RAM/2 TB SSD (primary)/1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (secondary) • OS X 10.14.6 • DP 11.1 • Pro Tools 12.8.1 • Acoustica Pro 7.4.0 • Avid MBox Pro 3G • Korg K61 • IMDb Page
billf

Post by billf »

James Steele wrote:I added a Digital Perfomer Tutorial Video section and you can now embed YouTube video in posts.
I really like this idea. Excellent!
MacPro5,1 2012, six core 2 x 3.06, 10.12.5, Digital Performer 9.13, 40 gb ram, 828mkIII, 2408 mkII, MTP AV, Logic Pro X 10.3.1, Studio One v 3.2, Pro Tools 12.7.1
sourgrapes

Post by sourgrapes »

once again james has gone above and beyond for us... bravo and thanks so very much!
Mac Pro 2.8 8 Core / 18G RAM / 10.6.2 / DP 7.21 / FCS 2 / UAD 1+2 / Waves Renn Maxx / Waves Gold / Komplete 5 / EWQL Play / Samplemoog / Sampletron / Stylus RMX / GForce Future Retro / Guru / Lounge Lizard EP-3 / Kore 2 / Ampeg SVX / Reason 4 / Arturia 10 Year Suite / Izotope Ozone 4 / 828mkII / 8Pre / KRK VXT4 / BlueSky Sub8 / Lavry Blue AD/DA / Euphonix MC Mix and MC Transport...and one beautiful 1982 Prophet 5 Rev 3.3.
janne
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by janne »

Very nice,much easier to find your way around
Thanks for the effort of making two separate sections.