Sweetwater / MOTUNATION Giveaway WINNER ANNOUNCED!

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Sweetwater / MOTUNATION Giveaway WINNER ANNOUNCED!

Post by James Steele »

Hey everyone! Just want to make a very cool announcement. As some of you have already noticed I recently started running a banner ad for Sweetwater on this site. I avoid making retailer endorsements, but from my interactions I've had with people there and Brad over the years, it's apparent that they're good people over there, and I plan on doing more business personally with them.

They had approached me to see if they might help support the MOTU/DP community by running an ad here and I decided... why not? But then, it was their idea to do a giveaway just for MOTUNATION members to celebrate. I suggested the MC Transport. "Okay, no problem they said... how 'bout we add an 8 Pre to the giveaway too?" Sounds good!

So here you go:

http://www.sweetwater.com/feature/motunation/

May the best man/woman win! And by the way this contest is being announced EXCLUSIVELY on this site and not broadcast everywhere, so your odds of winning are pretty good. Except for me! :lol: Being the sole "employee" of MOTUNATION... lol... I and my family (that means my cat, Jet) are ineligible! DRAT!! :evil:
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5, DP 11.32, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Robbie_2327

Re: Sweetwater / MOTUNATION 8 Pre & MC Transport Giveaway!

Post by Robbie_2327 »

I can second that with my experience of Sweetwater and Brad too.
Brad is very knowledgable and I feel like he makes recomendations based on whats going to work best for my needs, not his or Sweetwater's. Honestly I wouldn't really consider buying anything from anyone else.

(and no I'm not getting paid by Brad)
Intel dual core iMac 2.4GHz | 4GB | 10.6.8 | glyph HD's | DP 7.24 | MOTU 828mk3 | EW- Symphonic Orchestra Gold Pro - Collosus - Symphonic Choirs - Storm Drum - RA - Bosendorfer 290 - Percusive adventures | MOTU MX4 | Kontakt 3.5 | Boss GT-10 | Black & Pink Lava lamp

http://www.taxi.com/rpittelman
BradLyons
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by BradLyons »

Good luck----Hmmmmm I guess since I work here I'm not eligible to win? :roll: Oh well! LOL By the way I don't know how many of you are aware but our owner and founder, Chuck Surack, is a LOOOOONG time Digital Performer user---all the way back into the days when it was just Performer. In fact, I believe he has the largest MIDI file known to man---and still uses DP today for his live performing!
Thank you,
Brad Lyons
db AUDIO & VIDEO
-Systems Advisor, CTS
jantoman

Post by jantoman »

Hey ! Why are allowed to participate US-residents only ? That's quite unfair :(
noah330

Post by noah330 »

Cool contest! I usually order from Sweetwater and they went above and beyond to help me get my out of warranty (by about 2 years) LiquidMix working with Leopard - the problem was a MOTU issue - that I figured out myself but they had 3 people working on it for me and even got Focusrite involved.

The fact that they will help a small customer like me so far after a sale is why I continue to spend money with them.

Plus they have the best catalog in the industry.
qwerty

Post by qwerty »

Hey, I guess I'm also ineligible to win. I've also been using Motu stuff since Performer, follow Unicornation and Motunation avidly, fan of,occasionally order stuff from, and recommend Sweetwater, and filled out the entry form; including the part where it asks for "country". Why do they ask for country if they then state in the ** Official Sweetwater Giveaway Rules **
• All entrants must be 18 years of age or older and legal residents of the United States.
Drat. I was hoping that we were truly a global community. I understand that shipping costs to here (Montreal Quebec Canada)are more complex but surely, if I wasn't ineligible , and I won, I'd be more than happy to pay for shipping and handling as I have to do whenever I order anything from Sweetwater. It isn't inexpensive but is often worth it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Macbook 2GHz Core 2 duo 2G memory Ultralite DP 7.24 OS 10.6.8
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

qwerty wrote:Hey, I guess I'm also ineligible to win. I've also been using Motu stuff since Performer, follow Unicornation and Motunation avidly, fan of,occasionally order stuff from, and recommend Sweetwater, and filled out the entry form; including the part where it asks for "country". Why do they ask for country if they then state in the ** Official Sweetwater Giveaway Rules **
• All entrants must be 18 years of age or older and legal residents of the United States.
Drat. I was hoping that we were truly a global community. I understand that shipping costs to here (Montreal Quebec Canada)are more complex but surely, if I wasn't ineligible , and I won, I'd be more than happy to pay for shipping and handling as I have to do whenever I order anything from Sweetwater. It isn't inexpensive but is often worth it.
Dunno. Guess we're not a "global community" as much as we thought. But... ummm... no politics. :D What can I tell you. Sorry about that. If you have a problem with it, contact Sweetwater and maybe they'll change it. It might be that there are burdens regarding paperwork and reporting when awarded to someone in another country that Sweetwater doesn't want to hassle with.

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5, DP 11.32, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
bOing

Post by bOing »

BradLyons wrote:...By the way...our owner and founder, Chuck Surack, is...
Unfortunately we cannot allow Chuck to enter Canada any more, whether for business or pleasure. It's just too much of a hassle with all that paperwork and reporting. Hey, there's always Duluth, Minnesota... That's close enough to smell our hot, crisp bacon. :)
Success is just one more plugin away! And happiness is as close as your next upgrade.
Pappy725

Post by Pappy725 »

Mmmm, bacon... :lol:
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013)
2.4 GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, OS High Sierra 10.13.2, DP8.07, 256GB SSD
828mkII, 8Pre, Alesis M1 Active Mk2, Ext. FW drives, Yamaha fretless bass, Kay upright bass, Wechter acoustic/electric, trombone, baritone and a proclivity for polka music. (With sufficient quantities of beer) and I play country music.
bOing

Post by bOing »

Pappy725 wrote:Mmmm, bacon... :lol:
Sure, you're laughing now, but the war of 1812 was fought over bacon. And we won, so we kept the bacon. And things have been tense ever since... I think Chuck has it out for us. There's nothing else to explain it. Nothing as rational as what I've just said anyway.

[make sure this gets entered into the history books under "Known Facts"].

:) :) :)
Success is just one more plugin away! And happiness is as close as your next upgrade.
Pappy725

Post by Pappy725 »

I think we should all get together and discuss this over breakfast... preferably with lots of bacon. Oooooh, bacon wrapped, cheese and sausage stuffed jalapenos would be good. We call 'em poppers down here.

I eat bacon every morning for breakfast. Plus eggs, potatos, cottage cheese and salsa.
And a steamin' cup of joe.

Lord I love food!! :D

Pappy
828mkII, 8Pre, Alesis M1 Active Mk2, Ext. FW drives, Yamaha fretless bass, Kay upright bass, Wechter acoustic/electric, trombone, baritone and a proclivity for polka music. (With sufficient quantities of beer) and I play country music.
Phil O

Post by Phil O »

Broiled scallops wrapped in bacon! Now we're talkin.
DP 11.32, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.5/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.
bOing

Post by bOing »

Bacon wrapped in bacon, covered in bacon grease. Now THAT'S living. :)
Pappy725

Post by Pappy725 »

Stop it you guys! Ww had food at work today, I'm still stuffed and you're making me hungry. Where is the drooling emoticon anyway?

Pappy
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »