** Special TruePianos discount for MOTUNATION members! **

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

** Special TruePianos discount for MOTUNATION members! **

Post by James Steele »

Hey everyone... just got the official word from the very nice folks at 4Front who make TruePianos... a really great virtual piano plug-in! They are going to offer us a great deal on TruePianos-- in fact even better than I had hoped for! Check out THIS THEAD and you'll see what the buzz is about. Honestly, this is going to be one of most talked about virtual pianos before long, so listen to the demo and grab this deal... it's THAT good!!

Here's how to get the discount.

--------

4Front Technologies is pleased to offer UnicorNation members a discount on TruePianos. With this discount you can purchase the full version of TruePianos for $129 instead of the normal $180. This offer will be valid for the foreseeable future for all members who joined this forum before 1 July 2007. We chose this method for the discount to allow everybody who's interested some time with the trial version without feeling the time pressure to order because of a limited time often associated with similar offers.

A 40 day downloadable trial version of the software (fully compatible with Digital Performer) which includes one piano module as well as more information about the product is available from our website at http://www.truepianos.com/.

To obtain your personal discount coupon click this link: http://www.truepianos.com/unicorn.php

[Note from James: You'll be asked to give your UnicorNation member ID and password ONLY to verify qualification for this deal. I have made sure your privacy will be protected!]

TruePianos is a piano which is specifically designed to offer a very high level of playability without killing your CPU in the process. The product has several features which make it interesting to consider, even when having a multitude of piano libraries already:
- It can quickly and easily be adjusted to the musicians' combination of playing style and the characteristics of the specific MIDI keyboard used, making it the first piano VI which adjusts to you instead of the other way around.
- Low RAM/disk space footprint. The sound output is produced using a mixture of sampler, synthesis and physical modeling techniques, instead of requiring on disk-streaming.
- No limited amount of sampled layers but 127 difference velocity levels, all generated in real-time depending on your settings.
- TruePianos is optimized for real-time performance. The CPU usage is low even at 96khz host sampling rates, and for advanced polyphony we support dual-core CPUs, spreading the load symmetrically.
- The full version of TruePianos has two piano modules each with a multitude of presets. More modules are currently being in development.
- No-nonsense intuitive GUI
- Responsive technical support and free updates and newly released piano modules for a period of one year after the initial purchase.
- Fair use policy which allows you to install TruePianos on a fair amount of computers for your own personal use. (E.g. desktop computer + laptop for live performance). Licenses are not limited to one operating system which allows installing the product both Mac and Windows based systems.
- For Mac OS X we offer a Stand-alone, AudioUnit version, with a VST version arriving soon. RTAs support is being considered.-

For a quick video demonstration click HERE!

Screenshots:

If there should be any questions regarding TruePianos, feel free to ask about it in this thread or to contact us directly at support@truepianos.com

---
Roel / 4Front Technologies
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5, DP 11.32, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
RCory

Post by RCory »

Cool - I'll check out the demo ...

If I purchase though, I'm not giving out my password - That's a little strange.

C
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

RCory wrote:Cool - I'll check out the demo ...

C
If you don't, you will not get the discount. So it's up to you. All that happens is that a script verifies whether it's a valid username/password combo. It does not collect any data about you. The reason for this is that you are given a unique coupon code because the generous folks who make this instrument wanted to be certain ONLY UnicorNation members get this deal and that coupon codes weren't passed around the net and nobody would buy this VI at the regular price which is still very reasonable.

Really it's not a big deal, Robert, and if you're that worried about it, all you have to do is temporarily change your password to something else, then go to their form and supply the username and password for UnicorNation, get the coupon code and complete the deal, and then go back to UnicorNation.com and change your password back. All their script does is verify that you are a UnicorNation member by verifying tht the username/password actually *works* at UnicorNation at that moment.

Make sense? So it shouldn't pose a grave security risk. :D You really have nothing to worry about if you don't, but if you are worried, just do what I described. It's worth it to save $51 don't you think?
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5, DP 11.32, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Roel de Witt
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by Roel de Witt »

Hi RCory,

Normally such discounts actions are for a limited time (often 1 month or less). Since this discount is for UnicorNation members only we had two acceptable solutions:
1 - Offer a general discount coupon which would expire within 14-30 days. It would have been easy but there would have been a time-pressure on buying the product.
2 - Checking if somebody is a UnicorNation user and whether or not this person joined the forum before 1 July 2007. This way we could get rid of the expiration of the coupon codes altogether and keep the offer intact of an undefined time period.

The script running on the TruePianos website does the following.
1) It knows the complete list of usernames of members of the UnicorNation forum on 1 July 2007 (we parsed this information from the members section). That's at the same time all it knows, other than whether a coupon code is assigned or not to a certain username already.
2) After verifying the username is known by the script, it sends the login information provided directly to the UnicorNation server which either returns an 'OK or FAIL' message. No password information or anything else related is stored on our servers.

I ensure you that there is no possible use we could have to store this information. Even if our intentions were un-ethical, and we would like to store the e-mail addresses of all members, the effect of using these in an advertisement related 'spamming' run would severely damage our credibility. Not only that but people would talk about it and as you probably know too, 1 negative comment often outweighs 10 positive ones.

We have a strict policy about privacy. When people buy TruePianos they don't even get subscribed to a newsletter which informs them about updates. It's something that when a customers decide on wanting to, that needs to be activated/de-actived manually.

Again, it's a matter of trust or lack of. We picked this method because it seemed to be the fairest solution towards potential customers without rushing them into a decision.

---
RCory wrote:Cool - I'll check out the demo ...

C
mhschmieder

Post by mhschmieder »

Roel, I think you have made a lot of people happy by not having a restrictive deadline on the offer. Especially in the summer, when many people may be on vacation and might not see the post in time :-).

I think if the fear of handing out the Unicornation password for verification purposes was widespread, you would have seen a lot more than just a single post here to that effect. It says a lot about your personal and corporate ethics that you took the time to write such a thoughtful reply.
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.6, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10
RME Babyface Pro FS, Radial JDV Mk5, Hammond XK-4, Moog Voyager

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35
Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Eastman T486RB, T64/V, Ibanez PM2, D'angelico Deluxe SS Bari, EXL1
Guild Bari, 1512 12-string, M20, Martin OM28VTS, Larivee 0040MH
Roel de Witt

Post by Roel de Witt »

Hi,

Well it's simply the truth that we have no single use on storing and using information related to user accounts. Something like this might work for short time exposure and sales boost, but after that you're done for as a serious company.

4Front Technologies (http://www.4front-tech.com) was founded in 1994 and has quite a track record. None of the things on that list includes spamming runs or related actions.

---
mhschmieder wrote:Roel, I think you have made a lot of people happy by not having a restrictive deadline on the offer. Especially in the summer, when many people may be on vacation and might not see the post in time :-).

I think if the fear of handing out the Unicornation password for verification purposes was widespread, you would have seen a lot more than just a single post here to that effect. It says a lot about your personal and corporate ethics that you took the time to write such a thoughtful reply.
RCory

Post by RCory »

all good - thanks for the clarification and your time!
nk_e

1 july huh....

Post by nk_e »

Roel de Witt wrote:Hi RCory,

Normally such discounts actions are for a limited time (often 1 month or less). Since this discount is for UnicorNation members only we had two acceptable solutions:
1 - Offer a general discount coupon which would expire within 14-30 days. It would have been easy but there would have been a time-pressure on buying the product.
2 - Checking if somebody is a UnicorNation user and whether or not this person joined the forum before 1 July 2007. This way we could get rid of the expiration of the coupon codes altogether and keep the offer intact of an undefined time period.
<SNIP>
1 July? No way to make that the day of the announcement....? (Full disclosure: I rejoined Unicornation on 4 July...)

In any case, very nice sounding VSTI. I like the sound much better than Pianoteq's plugin.
Roel de Witt

Re: 1 july huh....

Post by Roel de Witt »

Hi,

I sent you a PM
nk_e wrote: 1 July? No way to make that the day of the announcement....? (Full disclosure: I rejoined Unicornation on 4 July...)

In any case, very nice sounding VSTI. I like the sound much better than Pianoteq's plugin.
---
nk_e

Re: 1 july huh....

Post by nk_e »

Roel de Witt wrote:Hi,

I sent you a PM
nk_e wrote: 1 July? No way to make that the day of the announcement....? (Full disclosure: I rejoined Unicornation on 4 July...)

---
Roel,

I understand. It is what it is.

Great VSTI though....thanks for bothering to reply.
mikebeckmotu

Post by mikebeckmotu »

Whether I buy it or not, I thank the 4front people for this offer - very nice of you. Rant time: clients must pay me now!
8-core i9 MacBookPro 16-inch, 16gb ram, Catalina, Focusrite Scarlett 18i8, DP not installed yet
Dwetmaster

Post by Dwetmaster »

I don't know if I'm the first but I just bought my copy...

Thanks a lot James
MacPro 8Core 2.8GHZ 16GB RAM OSX10.8.3
MacBook Pro 17" Unibody 2011 OSX10.8.3
896mk3, BLA Modded 896HD, BLA Microclock, MTP-AV, Yamaha KX-8, CME VX-7 Mackie Ctrl, megadrum, Presonus C-S,
DP8.04, Bidule, M5 3, Ethno 2, BPM 1.5 Kontakt4, BFD2, SD2, Omnisphere, Wave Arts P-S5, Altiverb7, PSP VW & OldTimer, VB3, Ivory 2 Grand, True Pianos, Ozone 5, Reason 4, AmpliTube3, Bla bla bla...
A few El & Ac basses & Guitars, Hammond A-100.
wurliuchi

Post by wurliuchi »

Dwetmaster wrote:I don't know if I'm the first but I just bought my copy...
I was very happy to purchase. It's an extremely good deal. I'm very impressed with the product, and the people behind it are very nice.

Unfortunately, I can't get my order because my mail server has blocked their email and there's nothing I can do about it (stupid ISP). That's why I usually use gmail for stuff like this, but 4Front's ordering page doesn't accept gmail and other free email addresses. :? Darn, I really wanted to try out the other module. Guess I'll have to wait. :( Are we there yet? :wink:

Thank you, James, for setting this up, and thank you 4Front for such a great deal!!!
Roel de Witt

Post by Roel de Witt »

Hi,

I changed your e-mail address to match your provided gmail address. Check your e-mail for details.

The company that does payment processing for us (Plimus) blocks most free email address-domains by default because they cause 95% of all creditcard/PayPal related fraud. That's the reason why your gmail address wasn't accepted.

It's however no problem no problem to change the e-mail address into any address required after purchasing.

If somebody wishes to order, but their e-mail address is not accepted by the purchase page, then please use a non-anonymous (not hotmail/gmail/etc) e-mail address. Should this not be possible, just email support@truepianos.com and we'll offer an alternative method.

---
wurliuchi wrote:
Dwetmaster wrote:I don't know if I'm the first but I just bought my copy...
I was very happy to purchase. It's an extremely good deal. I'm very impressed with the product, and the people behind it are very nice.

Unfortunately, I can't get my order because my mail server has blocked their email and there's nothing I can do about it (stupid ISP). That's why I usually use gmail for stuff like this, but 4Front's ordering page doesn't accept gmail and other free email addresses. :? Darn, I really wanted to try out the other module. Guess I'll have to wait. :( Are we there yet? :wink:

Thank you, James, for setting this up, and thank you 4Front for such a great deal!!!
williemyers

Post by williemyers »

((apologies to James for using Unicornation for a TruePianos question))

Roel,
Just successfully purchased & downloaded the Mac files. Should I delete/uninstall the demo files before installing the full version files?

thanks,

b myers, composer
DP 9.52(OS 10.13.6), PTools 11.3.3, Sibelius 2021.12,
MacPro 5,1 mid-2010, 2 x 2.93Ghz 12 core, ATI Radeon HD 5870, 64 Gig RAM, 4 x >120G SSDs, 2 x 25" LCDs
couple o' hardware synths, loadza legal libraries
Kurz Midiboard, MOTU MTP AV

https://vimeo.com/71580152

"I always wanted to be a composer - and I am..."
"I never wanted to be a recording engineer - and I'm not..."

~me