Plug-in Sales and Special Deals Sticky Topic

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
stubbsonic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: The Upright from MusicalSampling $69 till June 18.

Post by stubbsonic »

It does sound much more pleasant, natural, and consistent than anything I currently have. Thanks for the additional info, MH.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
labman
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: Acasis drive enclosure sale

Post by labman »

mikehalloran wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 8:04 am SNIP

They do show a couple of multi-NVMe units but are out of stock and promising new redesigned units. The issue with multiple blades is the number of lanes. A single blade enclosure can access all 4 lanes of data simultaneously. In a twin blade box, each blade can access 2 lanes while, in a quad unit, each blade is slowed down to 1 lane. Doesn’t matter how many are actually installed, the limitations are unchanged. There are “soft RAID” workarounds from Apple and 3rd party vendors but no one recommends them for critical data. Sample drives that are kept backed up and not generally considered critical. Likewise, 1 or 2 lane speeds for samples and archive are usually fast enough.

The maximum data speed for 4 lanes is 2800 over USB4/TB3/4. 2-lane is 1500 and 1-lane is 1000, same as USB 3.2 gen2 (was USB 3.1). Apple supports 2-lane speeds over Thunderbolt 2/3/4 and USB4 only.

Thank you Mike! Great info. I do use a whole bunch of nVmes (12). On 3 x8TB OWC accessior cards inside the Mac Pro. And yup had to really work to balance the lanes. Just looking for a way to have some external that can be swapped. Perhaps it may fit the bill. If there is anything better, would love to hear about it. Again, thanks !
AMPGUI themes - Andy rocks!, 3 macs, MacPro 768GB ram, 16core OS12.7.5, DP11.32, all Waves, all SLATE,PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all PAlliance, Softube, most all Orchestral Tools, tons of NI VI's all air Spitfire, all Audiobro, all Berlin, EW PLAY, LLizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 4 control surfaces with Raven.
James Steele
Site Administrator

LOTUS SOUND AUDIO Ocean Plate Reverb - FREE

Post by James Steele »

LOTUS SOUND AUDIO Ocean Plate Reverb - FREE

https://www.patreon.com/posts/ocean-plate-100710016

The YouTube video doesn't really have any audio examples. You can download it and try it out. Also keep in mind that developer doesn't seem to have a proper installer so you have to drag the .component file into your Components folder. This will result in the plug being "quarantined" and it wont pass validation. So prior to launch DP you will have to fix this issue using Terminal as described in this post.

OCEAN PLATE : Analog warmth, limitless creativity !
May 17

Introducing OCEAN PLATE 🌊 – the epitome of warmth, depth, and sonic excellence in the realm of digital audio processing. Crafted meticulously from a stunning analog device renowned for its unparalleled sonic character, Ocean Plate reverb plugin takes your audio to breathtaking depths, enveloping it in lush, immersive ambiance reminiscent of vast, shimmering oceans !

With its rich, warm sound, Ocean Plate is not just a tool ; it's an experience. Whether you're producing music, mixing tracks or designing soundscapes, this plugin infuses your creations with an unmistakable analog charm that sets them apart.

But Ocean Plate isn't just about reverb ; it's a complete sonic sculptor. Featuring a meticulously designed EQ section, you have total control over shaping your sound to perfection. Whether you're dialing in subtle enhancements or completely transforming the character of your audio, Ocean Plate empowers you to achieve your sonic vision effortlessly.

Ocean Plate brings the unmatched quality of analog reverbs within reach of every producer, musician, and sound designer.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5, DP 11.32, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
James Steele
Site Administrator

Louder Than Liftoff Silver Bullet Mk 2 - $30

Post by James Steele »

Louder Than Liftoff Silver Bullet Mk 2 - $30

Not sure why the blowout here... it still being offered over at Plugin Alliance for $349, however LTL is selling it right now at their own website for $30 at this link:

https://louderthanliftoff.com/collectio ... mk2-plugin
The Silver Bullet mk2 Plugin is a faithful digital recreation of our flagshipSilver Bullet mk2 hardware unit. We meticulously modeled every analog circuit down to the component level. To achieve our goal of pushing the state of the art to new heights, we developed a new patent-pending technology called Dyna Realism™, which allows users to experience an inspiring spectrum of analog realism in the digital domain. Use the three cascading Mojo Amps, powerful Tone Shaping EQ, and no-fuss ASPECT RATIO stereo image enhancer to intuitively sweeten and glue your mix bus, groups, and individual tracks in the DAW. The plugin not only accurately reproduces the harmonically exciting sound of the original but also offers extra features that extend the functionality of this already versatile tone shaping tool. Explore new digital Colour modules and Circuit Bending options that are exclusive to the plugin.

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5, DP 11.32, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

labman wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 3:05 pm
mikehalloran wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 8:04 am SNIP

They do show a couple of multi-NVMe units but are out of stock and promising new redesigned units. The issue with multiple blades is the number of lanes. A single blade enclosure can access all 4 lanes of data simultaneously. In a twin blade box, each blade can access 2 lanes while, in a quad unit, each blade is slowed down to 1 lane. Doesn’t matter how many are actually installed, the limitations are unchanged. There are “soft RAID” workarounds from Apple and 3rd party vendors but no one recommends them for critical data. Sample drives that are kept backed up and not generally considered critical. Likewise, 1 or 2 lane speeds for samples and archive are usually fast enough.

The maximum data speed for 4 lanes is 2800 over USB4/TB3/4. 2-lane is 1500 and 1-lane is 1000, same as USB 3.2 gen2 (was USB 3.1). Apple supports 2-lane speeds over Thunderbolt 2/3/4 and USB4 only.

Thank you Mike! Great info. I do use a whole bunch of nVmes (12). On 3 x8TB OWC accessior cards inside the Mac Pro. And yup had to really work to balance the lanes. Just looking for a way to have some external that can be swapped. Perhaps it may fit the bill. If there is anything better, would love to hear about it. Again, thanks !
I went ahead an popped for the case with the little fan inside. My 4TB NVMe drive I use for my Sample Libraries has been a little flaky lately. Sometimes if I run Disk First Aid it will tell me that it can't be unmounted. I can unmount it from the desktop, but that concerns me. Not sure if it's the NVMe drive itself... the case electronics? I wouldn't want to have to buy another one. I guess I'll see. I noticed an issue when I tried to relocate a library for a Steinberg VI and it failed. I tried swapping cables... need to troubleshoot it I guess.

labman
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by labman »

James Steele wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 6:14 pm I went ahead an popped for the case with the little fan inside. My 4TB NVMe drive I use for my Sample Libraries has been a little flaky lately. Sometimes if I run Disk First Aid it will tell me that it can't be unmounted. I can unmount it from the desktop, but that concerns me. Not sure if it's the NVMe drive itself... the case electronics? I wouldn't want to have to buy another one. I guess I'll see. I noticed an issue when I tried to relocate a library for a Steinberg VI and it failed. I tried swapping cables... need to troubleshoot it I guess.
I appreciate that detailed update James. Please keep us posted.
AMPGUI themes - Andy rocks!, 3 macs, MacPro 768GB ram, 16core OS12.7.5, DP11.32, all Waves, all SLATE,PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all PAlliance, Softube, most all Orchestral Tools, tons of NI VI's all air Spitfire, all Audiobro, all Berlin, EW PLAY, LLizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 4 control surfaces with Raven.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

labman wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 4:59 am
James Steele wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 6:14 pm I went ahead an popped for the case with the little fan inside. My 4TB NVMe drive I use for my Sample Libraries has been a little flaky lately. Sometimes if I run Disk First Aid it will tell me that it can't be unmounted. I can unmount it from the desktop, but that concerns me. Not sure if it's the NVMe drive itself... the case electronics? I wouldn't want to have to buy another one. I guess I'll see. I noticed an issue when I tried to relocate a library for a Steinberg VI and it failed. I tried swapping cables... need to troubleshoot it I guess.
I appreciate that detailed update James. Please keep us posted.
New case arrived today. I made a post (with pics) about it here :)

James Steele
Site Administrator

Morphverb - $5 for next 34 hours

Post by James Steele »

Morphverb - $5 for next 34 hours

https://unitedplugins.com/MorphVerb/

stubbsonic

Re: Morphverb - $5 for next 34 hours

Post by stubbsonic »

Me: "Another reverb?! No way! I already have over a dozen reverb plugins, and a shameful amount if IR's for convolution"

James: "It's five dol---"

Me: clicking link, entering details "I'm in."
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

James Steele
Site Administrator

Re: Morphverb - $5 for next 34 hours

Post by James Steele »

stubbsonic wrote:Me: "Another reverb?! No way! I already have over a dozen reverb plugins, and a shameful amount if IR's for convolution"

James: "It's five dol---"

Me: clicking link, entering details "I'm in."
Bro. I’m super bad about that, too! Five bucks? Sure. Throw it on the heap with my bazillion other reverbs. I saw this one in a Facebook ad and got sucked in by many complimentary comments about it… ostensibly from people who bought it and liked it.

James Steele
Site Administrator

Free Mastering the Mix Limiter plugin - need Instagram Account

Post by James Steele »

Free Mastering the Mix Limiter plugin - need Instagram Account

Just go to this post: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7zr0d1y21Q/

Leave a comment that just says "Limiter" and you'll get a DM with download and license info apparently.

stubbsonic

Once again, IRCAM TS2 on sale

Post by stubbsonic »

In case you've been waiting for this to come around again, here it is.

Reg. $250, on sale $50.

https://store.dontcrack.com/product_inf ... ts_id=1680

James Steele
Site Administrator

Re: Once again, IRCAM TS2 on sale

Post by James Steele »

stubbsonic wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 12:23 pm In case you've been waiting for this to come around again, here it is.

Reg. $250, on sale $50.

https://store.dontcrack.com/product_inf ... ts_id=1680
Nice! I snapped that up last time when it was $50!

James Steele
Site Administrator

NEOLD WUNDERLICH - Works with PA's PICK2, PICK3, PICK4

Post by James Steele »

NEOLD WUNDERLICH was getting some buzz on the forums.

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/prod ... rlich.html

PA will tell you it's "on sale" for $129 (yeah, right) or there's a coupon that drops it to $79/89 or something. I can't remember, but it did that automatically for me. But what I found is that it's eligible now for the "PICK 2, PICK3, PICK4" voucher codes. (2 plugs for $49.99, 3 for $59.99, or 4 for $69.99)

If you're like me you may have most of what you want already from PA. So I did PICK2. If you add WUNDERLICH to your cart, when the pop up Cart Preview window appears at the upper right, check to make sure a WUNDERLICH voucher code isn't automatically applied. If it is uncheck it and remove it. Then add another plug (or more) to qualify for the PICKx deal. On checkout. use the appropriate code. I added bx_clipper and then used PICK2 and got them both for $49.99. From what I heard WUNDERLICH is very good. You can always demo it.

James Steele
Site Administrator

Mastering the Mix EXPOSE2 - FREE at Plugin Boutique

Post by James Steele »

Mastering the Mix EXPOSE2 - FREE

No idea how long this will last. You have to go to Plugin Boutique and get it there and then use the code EXPB100 at checkout.

It's an app that you use to analyze final mixes and detect any issues, and more. Here's the link at Plugin Boutique:
https://www.pluginboutique.com/products/7908-EXPOSE-2

Also more info on the app here:
https://www.masteringthemix.com/products/expose-2

Here's the direct link to the PDF manual for EXPOSE 2 at Plugin Boutique. Might be helpful. Heck, it's free (for now)... grab it and THEN figure out if you can use it.