The time has almost come..

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
motujared
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: The time has almost come..

Post by motujared »

mikehalloran wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 9:51 am
motujared wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 8:07 am
A couple of thoughts - it shouldn't be an issue to have Performer Lite and DP full coexisting on the same computer, and you should be able to move forward with installing DP without issue. That said, it looks like based on your logs there may be an issue with install/uninstall of the included UVI Workstation, which accompanies Performer Lite. I'm not sure exactly why this would be failing on your system, but my suggestion would be to try uninstalling UVI Workstation separately from your Add/Remove programs prior to attempting to reinstall/uninstall Performer Lite.
Thanks for weighing in, Jared!

To add to this, where Mac users have a single download and installer, Windows users need to download all three of these:

Screenshot 2024-05-14 at 9.35.00 AM.png

You can also download the latest UVI Player and keep it up to date through the UVI Portal.

https://support.uvi.net/hc/en-us/articl ... UVI-Portal

The downside, of course, is that you will be emailed with news about releases etc. Besides the UVI Player, they do release occasional other freebies as well if you sort by price.

https://www.uvi.net/en/store?orderby=price&orderway=asc
Just to clarify, Windows users do not need to download all three if connected to the internet. The MOTU Instruments Lite installer is automatically downloaded from the internet and installed during the main installer process if the user is connected to the internet during installation, and the soundbank installer is provided for use with offline installs. The UVI Workstation link was a holdover from earlier versions of the installer which did not include it, and we've removed this now.

Tl;dr - Windows and Mac typically only require one installer. Windows only requires the additional instruments installer if not connected to the internet during installation.
Alicorn 935/960
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: The time has almost come..

Post by Alicorn 935/960 »

I have now been able to install performer lite V11+ Thank you so much!.

The hurdle WAS UVI which Windows couldn't find the drive letter for.
UVI remnants? would not uninstall via windows apps,

I just noted the previous install location in the error message, substituted C as drive letter, windows/programs/etc and deleted the UVI folder I found and it took the old PL remnants with it also. (didn't show in apps any more).

I got PL when I purchased an amazing M.O.T.U M2 Input module, however I do have older M.O.T.U items going back to a
>non USB< MIDI Express XT. 8^)

Please let me clarify how "desirable" it was to sort this issue and allow for a full DP purchase in the very near future....
I have about 5 top of the line electric/acoustic instruments from years of recording.
I have purchased 1 incredibly beautiful new guitar recently, specifically to record my music.
One of the final steps for the business I have been developing for the last 6 years is playing and recording this music
for online product videos.

The road ahead is now clear for me to make my dream come true. :wink:
(my own products, my own online business, my own music, my own videos).

This is what you good folks have done for me. :D
Again I can't thank you enough and I look forward to becoming an active participant and contributor to :unicorn: Nation.