Can anyone explain this?

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
csiaudio
Primary DAW OS: MacOS
Location: Indiana; Where the corn is tall and the women are wide!

Can anyone explain this?

Post by csiaudio »

Issue: I use DP for marketing audio and clients send me copy in Word docs. The Word doc's file name, let's say "John's Auto Mart Summer Sale.doc", is used as the session name in DP (I only use the file name and not the .doc). So in the past, DP 8 I could copy the Word doc file name - hit "Command + N" or "New" on the DP welcome window and paste the Word doc name in as the session name, hit enter and the session would open and it would be named just like the Word doc/script.

Well DP9 I couldn't do the "Command + N" but only the 'New' on the DP welcome window - slight inconvenience but at least one out of the two worked.

Now with DP 11, I skipped DP 10, neither work! Total PITA to have to type in each script name since I get a ton of new scripts each day.

I've talked to MOTU and they said they will request the fix but as most probably realize by now MOTU's never been real quick at making changes/fixes like this...so I'm not holding my breath.

Since I don't have any other Mac software program that react as DP does, because ALL will allow me to copy and paste a name into the new whatever software name field and name it - does anyone have any idea why this is with DP and/or how this can be corrected?
Believe me when I say this is a huge PITA.

Hoping for a solution!!

Thanks
Capturing the Colors of Sound!

Mac Mini M1 2020 -- DP 11.2 -- Universal Audio Apollo Quad -- Apollo Twin -- SPL Kultube Compressor -- Slate Virtual Mic -- Eve SC207's w/KRK Sub
sockmonkey

Re: Can anyone explain this?

Post by sockmonkey »

I don't have a solution, but can you right-click and then choose Paste from a pop-up menu in the dialog box's text field? I'm not at a computer, so I can't check myself, but that often works in other situations I'v encountered.
csiaudio

Post by csiaudio »

Thanks Sockmonkey that does work. Not the greatest option honestly but an option.

Mac Mini M1 2020 -- DP 11.2 -- Universal Audio Apollo Quad -- Apollo Twin -- SPL Kultube Compressor -- Slate Virtual Mic -- Eve SC207's w/KRK Sub
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

csiaudio wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:32 pm Issue: I use DP for marketing audio and clients send me copy in Word docs. The Word doc's file name, let's say "John's Auto Mart Summer Sale.doc", is used as the session name in DP (I only use the file name and not the .doc). So in the past, DP 8 I could copy the Word doc file name - hit "Command + N" or "New" on the DP welcome window and paste the Word doc name in as the session name, hit enter and the session would open and it would be named just like the Word doc/script.

Well DP9 I couldn't do the "Command + N" but only the 'New' on the DP welcome window - slight inconvenience but at least one out of the two worked.

Now with DP 11, I skipped DP 10, neither work! Total PITA to have to type in each script name since I get a ton of new scripts each day.

I've talked to MOTU and they said they will request the fix but as most probably realize by now MOTU's never been real quick at making changes/fixes like this...so I'm not holding my breath.

Since I don't have any other Mac software program that react as DP does, because ALL will allow me to copy and paste a name into the new whatever software name field and name it - does anyone have any idea why this is with DP and/or how this can be corrected?
Believe me when I say this is a huge PITA.

Hoping for a solution!!

Thanks
When I complained about this with DP 10, the response here was along the lines of no one knew what I was talking about. MOTU did confirm it wasn’t me and that they might fix it someday. Not yet… The inability to paste in titles is a PIA for me.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.5 b4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
csiaudio

Post by csiaudio »

Hey Mike,

So you too experience this. Yes, I mentioned this back with DP9 to MOTU when one of the two options didn't work and still nothing is fixed. This drives me crazy about MOTU and this software - functions that once worked get overlooked in the development of a new version and then never get addressed. The function of copy and pasting is a basic function that software just has. Well thanks for chiming in maybe MOTU will correct this...I won't hold my breath.