Help installing 2nd hand 2048 MKII, PCI-324 on XP (no cd's)

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
fredimac
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Help installing 2nd hand 2048 MKII, PCI-324 on XP (no cd's)

Post by fredimac »

I recently purchased a used MOTU 2048 w/ pci-324 card.

I installed the card in my PC, installed the drivers and the system was happy.

However, when I connect the 2048 with a Firewire cable (not the original) nothing shows up in the "Configure Interface" drop down list in the console.

I don't have the original CD's. Do I need the Configuration Wizard? If so, how do I get it?

Thanks,
Fred
TrakMstrE
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by TrakMstrE »

What slot is the 1394 F/W cable plugged into on the PCI-324? It should be in the "inner-most" slot, the one next to the round serial port (the RS422 DIN-8 port).

Also, it should not be longer than 30 feet....
Last edited by TrakMstrE on Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
innerlogicmarty

Post by innerlogicmarty »

Maybe try some of the older 324 drivers. I had the same problem but with the help from some guys on this forum I found drivers that I tried and with one of these drivers I got my 2408 MkI perfectly working on my pc (on a different machine I even got it working with the newest drivers, motherboards can be a bitch). Search the forum for pci 324 drivers and you'll find links to them.
innerlogicmarty

Post by innerlogicmarty »

Actually, a topic a little below this one already gave the link to the 03-26-03 drivers for the 324. Try those:

http://www.motunation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9144
fredimac

Post by fredimac »

Thanks All Y'all for your advice. I'm gonna go to the studio and give it a try. Unfortunately I don't have internet access there yet so I have to go back and forth on this.

Will keep you posted.

~ fredimac
innerlogicmarty wrote:Actually, a topic a little below this one already gave the link to the 03-26-03 drivers for the 324. Try those:

http://www.motunation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9144