4.12 and Tiger

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
agarner32
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

4.12 and Tiger

Post by agarner32 »

Does anyone know whether 4.12 will work with Tiger? I'm getting ready to upgrade my G5 1.6 to the single dual core G5 and of course will have Tiger installed on the new machine. I also have an 828 but I'm assuming that will be fine.

Thanks,
Aaron
qo

Post by qo »

No, it won't work. You need to upgrade DP if you upgrade to Tiger. Ah the price of progress...
glsimonsen
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by glsimonsen »

I was in the same situation. I didn't want to put out $150 for the upgrade to 4.6 (4.12 works beautifully for me). So I tried putting Panther on my 2nd HD in order to run 4.12. For some reason my copy of Panther (install discs from my old machine) isn't compatible w/ my new machine and makes the fans run uncontrollably.

Oh well, I just ordered 4.6 and was looking at the new features at the MOTU site. I'm not sure I'll need many of the new features, but maybe I'll be surprized. In the meantime tho, some of the 4.12 features actually work in Tiger. Playback doesn't work, but I can still export which keeps me going until I get 4.6.
agarner32

Post by agarner32 »

Thanks for the responses. I guess I'll need to update. Hopefully the new version will be a stable as 4.12.

Aaron