How to adjust buffer size in the Windows version of DP8?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [Windows] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
MikeTa
Primary DAW OS: Windows

How to adjust buffer size in the Windows version of DP8?

Post by MikeTa »

I'm a recent convert from DP for Mac to DP for Windows. Currently using DP8.06 on a Win7 machine. I cannot find the traditional buffer size adjustment under Configure Hardware Driver. All I get is a popup telling me settings for the driver should be adjusted in the Windows Control Panel. But there's nothing of interest in the Windows panel. Meanwhile, with the buffer setting taken away, there is no way to drive down the latency for recording, so I am dying here with trying to record with delays present on every note. Does anyone know of a buffer adjustment in the Windows version or some other way to achieve the same outcome?
Mike
NazRat
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: How to adjust buffer size in the Windows version of DP8

Post by NazRat »

Sounds like you're using the Windows Audio driver. If you configure the hardware driver in DP to use ASIO you will get options in the device's control panel and DP to set the buffer. If you do not have any ASIO devices/drivers installed, you can use ASIO4ALL (http://asio4all.org/) to access the WDM drivers via ASIO.
DP8.06 PT11.2.0 VEP 5.3.x
828mkII 828mk3 ADA8000 MTP-AV Komplete Audio 6
Mac Mini Quad 10.9.4 - HP Quad Laptop Win 8.1
MikeTa
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: How to adjust buffer size in the Windows version of DP8

Post by MikeTa »

NazRat: THHHHAAAANNNNKKKKK YYYYOOOOOUUUUUUU for that post. That is pure awesomeness. Worked like a charm!!!!