New Mac and Yamaha Motif Patch List not showing up

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
wonder
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

New Mac and Yamaha Motif Patch List not showing up

Post by wonder »

I know this subject has been touched on many times and I've read the forums and can't figure this out.

I started with a new (used) mac pro and finally got DP and my Motif 8 to talk. I can play on my controller (M-Audio Keystation 88) to trigger my Motif keyboard (in another room).

I downloaded the proper drivers from Yamaha.com and also have the midnam files in my MIDI Devices/MOTU/Yamaha folder.

When i'm in DP, all i see in the Patch pull down menu is "patch 1, patch 2" etc.

I can't seem to get DP to list the proper patches for my Motif 8. ANY suggestions?
Dual Quad-Core 2.8 GHz Mac Pro 3,1 • Yosemite • 24 GB RAM • MOTU 2408mk3 (x's 2) • DP 10.xx • Finale 25 • Logic • PT 12 • +outboard gear
Dwetmaster

Re: New Mac and Yamaha Motif Patch List not showing up

Post by Dwetmaster »

You might need to set the motif in audio-MIDI setup as a MIDI device.
MacPro 8Core 2.8GHZ 16GB RAM OSX10.8.3
MacBook Pro 17" Unibody 2011 OSX10.8.3
896mk3, BLA Modded 896HD, BLA Microclock, MTP-AV, Yamaha KX-8, CME VX-7 Mackie Ctrl, megadrum, Presonus C-S,
DP8.04, Bidule, M5 3, Ethno 2, BPM 1.5 Kontakt4, BFD2, SD2, Omnisphere, Wave Arts P-S5, Altiverb7, PSP VW & OldTimer, VB3, Ivory 2 Grand, True Pianos, Ozone 5, Reason 4, AmpliTube3, Bla bla bla...
A few El & Ac basses & Guitars, Hammond A-100.
wonder

Post by wonder »

I think i tried that. No luck.
Dual Quad-Core 2.8 GHz Mac Pro 3,1 • Yosemite • 24 GB RAM • MOTU 2408mk3 (x's 2) • DP 10.xx • Finale 25 • Logic • PT 12 • +outboard gear
Dwetmaster

Post by Dwetmaster »

Can you explain me exactly what you did?

From what I can remember,

You setup a new device, connect it to your Motif MIDI interface that shows up in AMS.
You double click that new device and enter name, company and model in the AMS dialog

Then you select this newly created device in DP.

Should work. If not, make sure of the accuracy of the midnam you assigned the device to in AMS.
MacPro 8Core 2.8GHZ 16GB RAM OSX10.8.3
MacBook Pro 17" Unibody 2011 OSX10.8.3
896mk3, BLA Modded 896HD, BLA Microclock, MTP-AV, Yamaha KX-8, CME VX-7 Mackie Ctrl, megadrum, Presonus C-S,
DP8.04, Bidule, M5 3, Ethno 2, BPM 1.5 Kontakt4, BFD2, SD2, Omnisphere, Wave Arts P-S5, Altiverb7, PSP VW & OldTimer, VB3, Ivory 2 Grand, True Pianos, Ozone 5, Reason 4, AmpliTube3, Bla bla bla...
A few El & Ac basses & Guitars, Hammond A-100.