Editing MIDI data defaults to Tempo Changes not Volume

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Marc7777
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Editing MIDI data defaults to Tempo Changes not Volume

Post by Marc7777 »

Hey all,

Trying to help a friend out and can't seem to figure it out, so I'll turn to you all!

When you double click a MIDI track, it opens the MIDI editing window. At the lower half is the MIDI data (volume, on/offs, velocity, sustain, etc.)

Now on my rig, it defaults to MIDI volume, which is all I usually need 99% of the time.

But on my friends rig, his defaults to Tempo Changes and he has to click "Volume" in the little menu every single time he wants to pencil in volume data! Needless to say, that can be very annoying.. Not sure why "Tempo" is even an option to draw in.. who would do that on a MIDI track? It would make sense if it was a Conductor track...

Is that some preference somewhere that I maybe got lucky at setting years ago?

Anyone else have this?

Thanks!

M
DP 8.04 64bit, VEP 5 (Latest), 1 Dual Quad 2.26 Mac Pro 2009 w/ 10.8 as DP DAW. 1 Dual Quad 2.26 Mac Pro 2009 w/ 10.6 as VEP Sample Machine. PCIe 424 - 4 2408's. Console - Yamaha 02R 96v2. AD/DA - Apogee Symphony IO. Waves, Sonnox, MOTU Plugins.
Marc7777
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Editing MIDI data defaults to Tempo Changes not Volume

Post by Marc7777 »

Nevermind.. You can delete this post.

It was because it was a "custom" parameter that the tempo change thing came up.

He seemed to have "added similar track" to everything in the template so they were all like that.

Simply switching back to volume stuck..

False alarm.. :roll:
DP 8.04 64bit, VEP 5 (Latest), 1 Dual Quad 2.26 Mac Pro 2009 w/ 10.8 as DP DAW. 1 Dual Quad 2.26 Mac Pro 2009 w/ 10.6 as VEP Sample Machine. PCIe 424 - 4 2408's. Console - Yamaha 02R 96v2. AD/DA - Apogee Symphony IO. Waves, Sonnox, MOTU Plugins.