pink/white noise generator

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
aaronlyon
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

pink/white noise generator

Post by aaronlyon »

DP used to have a plug in for setting up your monitoring speakers. It could generate noise. I thought it was the Trim plug, but no. I need white noise. Any suggestions?
DP7*, Mac Pro Quad 2.66GHz, 12GB RAM, MOTU 828mk3, Mac OS 10.6*
* Bleeding edge updater--if it's released, I've updated, and bled.
Kubi

Re: pink/white noise generator

Post by Kubi »

I use AudioTest by Katsura Shareware. It generates all kinds of files and is very useful, I find.
Kubi
---------------------------------------------------
Kubilay Uner
http://kubilayuner.com
MacPro 2x2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 20GB RAM; OS 10.9.5; DP9.01; MOTU 2408mk3 & MIDI Express 128 w/latest drivers
mikeka

Post by mikeka »

Check out the MeldaProductions stuff. Freeware. Good tools.
DP 8.07 64 bit, OS 10.10.5, Mac Pro 5,1 12-core 3.33ghz, 16GB ram, lots 'o plugs and VIs
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

+1 on AudioTest. I've had it for years, and use it much more than I thought I would. It let's you save as an audio file, or it will just run it. It does let you control the levels (for ear safety) but don't forget to.

It has lots of wave shapes, and different flavors of noise (including the South Park favorite, brown). :headbang:
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
Killahurts

Post by Killahurts »

DP still has the plugin you want. It's called "Calibration", a MAS plugin.

It only generates pink noise though, not white.. I'm assuming you need white (burst) because you need to calculate the reverb in your room?
DP11, 2019 16-Core Mac Pro, Monterey, 64GB RAM. RME HDSPe MADI FX to SSL Alphalink to SSL Matrix console, and multiple digital sub consoles. UAD Quad PCIe. Outboard stuff.