DP Control App

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
AnthonyS
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: DP Control App

Post by AnthonyS »

martian wrote:this is causing me to drool with jealousy!!!!!!

you guys can make this even greener for me by letting me know if it is better on the ipad?

I been using it on the iphone and the basic transport is excellent!!!!!! saved me soooo much time

seems the faders are to small for my fingers on the phone tho..

I found that if I held a fader in "position" it would act like I let it go after a few secs ( ie touch mode )

hows this in ipad land?? my HUI just went to heaven - so u see my predicament!!! need flyiing faders!

I swear I was on the way to buy an ipad 1when my friend told me to wait as ipad2 announcement.. cant get them here now - no stock!!!! ( or if can no 3g only wifi mode )

I just saw a demo unit of a Euphonics locally so thats my other option ( need to try it first thos ). but seems a bit expensive compared and not so flexible )
It does work on the iPad, but it isn't technically and iPad app, so it isn't optimal. Once you enlarge it to it's full size, it's a bit pixellated. If you can live with that, it works just as well.

Until they do an iPad version, I've been using V-Control free. pretty cool. Check it out at the app store. The full version is $49, but the free version is decent if all you want is simple transport, fader and pan control. Can't record-arm tracks though. Works for multiple DAW's as well. And you can choose a second window to mirror, like the sequence editor, or a favorite plugin.
MacBook Pro 15" 2G QuadCore i7,8G RAM, 20"Intel iMac 2.4Ghz , 4G RAM.OSX 10.8.3 on both, DP 7.24, MOTU 828MK3, AudioBox 1818, KRK Rokit 6G2, Omnisphere 1.5, Komplete 8, Amplitube 2&3, SampleTank, Sonik Synth2, SampleMoog, SampleTron, Ivory 2, Philharmonik, EWQL MOR, SC, SOG, SD2, Reason 6, Waves, McDSP, Slate Digital VCC, FGX, Sound Toys.