Ultralite Mk3, Vista, Dell XPSM1330 woes

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
harro
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Ultralite Mk3, Vista, Dell XPSM1330 woes

Post by harro »

Ok, so I bought an Ultralite Mk3 to plug into my del xpsm1330 running vista ultimate.
Downloaded latest drivers off the net, installed.
Plugged in (using 4pin-6pin firewire) the interface and the power. Turned it on, windows duly detected everything. All good so far.
Opened the MOTU Audio Console - the Ultralite appeared there. All good.
Opened CueMix FX - the Ultralite appeared there. Could control everything, but had no metering on any on the ins/busses/outs. None at all.
Changed the windows default sound device, played back some music. Nothing. No meters on the Ultralite. No sound from its outputs.
Plugged in my ipod to the ultralite, and can use cuemix to send audio anywhere from any input, meters on the ultralite work fine. And always work, no matter what the sample rate, etc is.
Tried recording the ipod input, got nothing at my computere. no level. nothing. zip.
I've tried everything.
If I turn up the sample rate using the audio console, anywhere from 88k up, I get meters in cuemix. Still nothing to record. But if I play something back, I get random clicks and pops through the correct outputs on the ultralite, but cuemix hangs.
If I turn the sample rate to 176k or 192k, my Ultralite devices disappear from the windows sound control panel. But I still have meters.
If I use the windows control panel thingy to do a test of (say) at 44k file, when the ultralite is set to 48k, it detects this, and switches to 44k, but there's still no audio. So it knows what I'm playing, just doesn't want to play it...

Any suggestions how I can get the audio to flow between my ultralite and my computer?
It was all supposed to be so simple...

Thanks in advance.
reeper

Re: Ultralite Mk3, Vista, Dell XPSM1330 woes

Post by reeper »

vista x64? if so-I have the xact same issues on my Ulmk3
i can only use x32 vista (and xp) atm.
fun huh.
nerd info:Cubase 4.5.2. Xp x64. Asus p5q-e. 8gb ram
harro

Post by harro »

no actually, it's vista 32...
i'd love to blow vista away and put xp on, but dell have stopped driver support for my machine on xp. so that's not really an option... :x
harro

Post by harro »

Just did a clean install of windows xp pro sp2.
Drivers installed.
Motu connected.
Same thing as vista.
Except that the Volume Tab of the Sounds and Audio Devices Control Panel shows "No Audio Device", and all options in the dialog are disabled...

WHAT'S GOING ON!?!
Any ideas?
reeper

Post by reeper »

yep I do actually...
install THIS driver instead:
http://rapidshare.com/files/149186749/M ... y.zip.html
steph

Post by steph »

Hmm, downloading. Where's the driver from?
reeper

Post by reeper »

i repacked the v4hd driver. tis was the only way i could get my crap workin
harro

Post by harro »

reeper, THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU!!!
Installed, and well... it worked. First time. Which is how it was supposed to work the first time!
:D
Errrrrrrrrrrrk

Post by Errrrrrrrrrrrk »

I tried this and every time I do it stops responding during the install of the drivers. My install disk's autoplay also is trying to open in media player and dvd player, for some reason it wont just install
Banzo

Post by Banzo »

I have the same problem,
same OS (vista 32) same audio card, same connection (firewire 6 to 4 pin)
........my windows vista 32 doesn't detect the hardware.
I installed the drivers linked above, but it is still the same.

The drivers are detected in the device manager but when i try to launch the "motu audio console" the drivers disappear like a reset.
I cannot even run cuemix fx and smpte console, as when i try i get the error: " no Motu audio devices detected".

Anyone has any idea?????
Sostenuto

Post by Sostenuto »

Hey reeper (or anyone else),

Is there any chance you or someone else could kindly re-upload that driver or send it to my email? I tried the link posted here but the file is deleted.

I'm having trouble with my ultralite mk1 under windows XP, service pack 3, the other drivers are not recognizing the unit so I'm not getting the "new hardware found" pop-up. I've tried a couple cables, several drivers, couple operating systems, a couple firewire cards with texas instruments chips on 3 different PC's. Have not ruled out hardware failure, but I still want to try this driver and windows xp SP1 as a last ditch effort.

Thanks in advance.

franz_liszt78@hotmail.com
1nput0utput
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by 1nput0utput »

Sostenuto wrote:Hey reeper (or anyone else),

Is there any chance you or someone else could kindly re-upload that driver or send it to my email? I tried the link posted here but the file is deleted.

I'm having trouble with my ultralite mk1 under windows XP, service pack 3, the other drivers are not recognizing the unit so I'm not getting the "new hardware found" pop-up. I've tried a couple cables, several drivers, couple operating systems, a couple firewire cards with texas instruments chips on 3 different PC's. Have not ruled out hardware failure, but I still want to try this driver and windows xp SP1 as a last ditch effort.

Thanks in advance.

franz_liszt78@hotmail.com
If the UltraLite is never detected with multiple FireWire cables and FireWire expansion cards, then it is likely that the UltraLite's FireWire ports are broken. No particular version of the driver is going to solve that. Even if no driver is installed for the device, Windows should show an unknown device in Device Manager.
The leading cause of wrong answers is asking the wrong questions.