DP with Digi 002

Digital Perfomer in the context of television/film scoring and post-production.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for discussion related to the use of Digital Perfomer in the context of television and film scoring and post-production.
Finelytuned
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DP with Digi 002

Post by Finelytuned »

I previousely owned a 2408mkII but I am getting the Digi 002 this week. I hear from many sources that the word clock and A/D converters in Digidesign are much better than even the latest Motu gear. Anyways.. Is it possible to use the DP MIDI AND audio software to record while using the 002 as my input recording and output playback unit?

Hope so. I really like the look and feel of DP much better. But I trying to get the best possible fidelity.

Do you have any comments.

Any help would be appreciated.

Michael K Johnson
Orlando
wow@kua.net
Michael K Johnson
RE/Max Properties S W II
Orlando 407-857-7600 x 305
giles117

Re: DP with Digi 002

Post by giles117 »

DP works fine with the Digi 002. DIGI 001 and M-Box.

Make sure you install the lates Digi Core Audio update (3.5.1) I think... Not sure off hand

So far as that convertor issue. It's all opinions in my Opinion.

I Prefer the MOTU A/D Convertors Myself. They sound a tad warmer to me. The Digi sounds too Clean IMO.

<small>[ October 23, 2004, 10:17 AM: Message edited by: The_Manager ]</small>
DP 6.02
Quad 3.0 Ghz, 8.0 GB RAM, 2 - 1TB HD, 5 - 500GB HD's (RAID)
MOTU HD192, 2408mk3, Microlite, UAD-1, UAD-2, Powercore, Lavry Blue AD/DA convertor, LA-610
Euphonix MC Control

29 years in this business and counting.....Loving every minute of it.....
DrewNichols

Post by DrewNichols »

IMHO I would never use less than an Apogee converter. When I switched from my MOTU 24i to my Apogee AD8000, I heard a world of difference in sound. You can get an AD8000 now a days for about $2000. It's a much better deal than the Digi002 in terms of quality. Right now I'm in between converters. I'm saving up for a Prism Sound Dream AD2
kenland

Post by kenland »

It's all in the clock. I used to have a ProTools 24mix rig with the stock digi I/O boxes. I found that there was a little bit of a veiled quality when listening to the convertors on their own. However, when I started running the system clocked to an external Apogee box the sound tightened up and focused the way I was wanting it to.

Digidesign's clocks have improved over the years - I think you'd still be happier driving it with an Apogee or Rosendahl clock.

Good luck

Ken