Mach5 Quits When It's Played...

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's awesome MachFive software sampler.

Moderator: James Steele

cody
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Mach5 Quits When It's Played...

Post by cody »

Hey Guys/Gals!

Setting up Mach5 on my ibook (G3 900mhz) with DP 4.12 and Mach5 1.2. The plugin loads just fine, but as soon as I try to play a sample DP unexpect. quits. I've tried repairing permissions, etc. I'm using Panther, btw...

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Cody
MacPro 2011 *upgraded* 12 Core 3.33. 64 Gigs RAM. 2x PCIe SSDs, 2x SATA SSDS - OS 10.10.5, DP9.02, VEP5 + VEP5 Slave PC (i7)
iMAS

Re: Mach5 Quits When It's Played...

Post by iMAS »

It happened to me before also. I was loading some new samples and afterwards playing one of the samples always cause Mach 5/DP to quit. So I just deleted that sample (that was causing the quits) and reloaded it and it was fine then. I don't know why this occurs though.
advid
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by advid »

I have similar problems here, DP 4.5 and Match 5 doesn't work together. I can't play the music exceed 10 bars before DP quit. Not if I don't load Match 5. And sometimes when I opened DP4.5, everything become Desk Top Pictures, I couldn't click on it to bring it to front to work or else. The only thing I can do is to force quit. Emailed MOTU tech support, no solutions still.
Flare

Post by Flare »

First, it's full of bugs, and there are times when this is just going to happen, no matter what you do.

But for starters, toss your M5 Preferences in your "USER" preferences folder.

Next thing to do is pull 3rd party plugs from your components folder in the system library (audio). See if the problem goes away... It probably won't, though.

Often times, I've found that the hangs and quits are attributed to either corrupted imports/corupt samples in a program, or trying to manipulate/edit/play samples in M5, when it's processing information. When you make a DSP edit, or are saving, doing anything that causes the pipes to glow, WAIT until the pipes stop glowing, indicating the computations/actions are completed.

Good luck.