Audio/MIDI Problem with Express XT's

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
rtarantola
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Audio/MIDI Problem with Express XT's

Post by rtarantola »

HI,

I have 3 Express XT's and the 3rd one keeps regenerating itself in OS X Audio/MIDI setup. Whenever I start a MIDI program, Audio/MIDI setup creates a new XT in the setup. I had over a hundred XT's in there. It was crashing the system. I tried to reset the XT but that didn't help. I created a new MIDI configuration and although MIDI doesn't crash anymore. It's starting over again and create new XT's. I'm on a G4 with OSX 10.4.1. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ray
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Audio/MIDI Problem with Express XT's

Post by James Steele »

Sounds like you need to replace the internal battery in the unit that is giving you the problem. It's probably one of those flat, round watch batteries like in my MTP/AV.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5, DP 11.32, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
rtarantola
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by rtarantola »

Hi James,

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try that and see how it goes.

Thanks,
Ray
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by James Steele »

rtarantola wrote:Hi James,

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try that and see how it goes.

Thanks,
Ray
I'm thinking that might do it for you. Those are the symptoms I had with my MTP/AV. When the battery was going out it would do the same thing. A greyed-out MTP would appear and then a new one and I'd have to reconnect the virtual cables to the new one.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5, DP 11.32, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!