MONKEY MAN COME BACK

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: MONKEY MAN COME BACK

Post by James Steele »

rentadrummer wrote: It's too bad that the email notification for private messages doesn't seem to work. That would be a better way to contact him, assuming that the forwarding address in his profile is still current.
Working here.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5, DP 11.32, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
kassonica

Post by kassonica »

James Steele wrote:
rentadrummer wrote: It's too bad that the email notification for private messages doesn't seem to work. That would be a better way to contact him, assuming that the forwarding address in his profile is still current.
Working here.
Works for me, always has.
Creativity, some digital stuff and analogue things that go boom. crackle, bits of wood with strings on them that go twang
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Well if anyone is having problems make sure to check their spam filter and whitelist "admin" at the motunation.com domain.

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5, DP 11.32, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
rentadrummer

Post by rentadrummer »

James Steele wrote:
Working here.
I tried testing this before I posted, but maybe it just doesn't work if sending a PM to yourself. Sorry.
Ron
billf

Post by billf »

bayswater wrote:I've sent him a couple of personal emails recently (not via this board) and they didn't bounce. But he didn't answer. On the chance that he is just not answering maybe a flood of emails might get him to reply?
I had sent him some email but never heard anything in reply. I'm not sure what happened to him, and hope he is okay.

As referenced in some of the other posts on this thread, if someone did chase him away from this forum, that's really low.
MacPro5,1 2012, six core 2 x 3.06, 10.12.5, Digital Performer 9.13, 40 gb ram, 828mkIII, 2408 mkII, MTP AV, Logic Pro X 10.3.1, Studio One v 3.2, Pro Tools 12.7.1
jgest

Post by jgest »

bayswater wrote: On the chance that he is just not answering maybe a flood of emails might get him to reply?
As mentioned, might be a better idea to accept his absence, give him space..."If you love something set it free....If it comes back....whirled peas and all,"..... kind of thing.

I apologize, I am knee deep in an RN training program (music has been on a "hiatus" compared to what I have been doing in the past), and every time I mean to call him, I get sucked into my academic world. I just gave him a call, left a message, expressed our sentiments....and hope he returns my call or gives us a shout on the board.

Now back to practicing catheter, IV insertion, and injections (so I can finally with peace of mind and wallet satisfy my family needs with my gear lust)..... :oops:
Macbook pro, 3 gigs of ram, osx 10.62, Dp 5.13, Live 8.1.2, Reason 4, Tc powercore Virus, Albino 3.02, proper ergonomic sitting posture, plenty of coffee (french press only with a pinch of cardamon added)
My dp inspired music.....
http://www.myspace.com/aislingbeing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.myspace.com/wigginsmaroo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.mp3.com.au/artist.asp?id=10004" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twistedtom

Post by twistedtom »

Kgdrum perhaps you took my posts that were simply a reflection on past posts with Nick and were only paying tribute to our lost friend in a way we joked and enjoyed each other in the past as an insult to him. Nick always joked around and if he was to read thease posts he would enjoy them, having joked much with him I know this to be true. I always had a good relationship with Nick. Perhaps one reason Nick is not here any more is because he too got beat up for post similar to the ones I made here. Some of us always joke with Nick in the ways I did in this topic and he had lots of fun with it. Always our jokes and comments were only in fun and never a personal attack, most of the joking left Nick feeling fussed over and well liked.
If you wish to have a meaningful discussion on the topic of Nick’s disappearance then here is my 2cents. Nick was in bad health and he may have had to move to a home where he could be taken care of and lost the net or given up on the forum. Nick did not have many people to visit with out side of us here and we were his main form of reaching out to people. Some of the people here go irritated with some of Nick’s posts as some times Nick went a bit wild in them. I personally enjoyed his off the wall style. Never the less some people posted a few comments that would have most likely hurt Nick’s feelings and some one personally wrote him and attacked him in a very hurtful way. I personally have much tolerance for people who may be different than me. I even have tolerance for some of the people who appear to get some what snobby in there attitudes as every one has some thing to say worth hearing. If I am looking for information on some thing or reading about a fix and I find some one has made a joke or taken the subject in a different direction I just skip to where the information starts again but some people can not do this or find it an irritation. Personally I try to keep joking or out of subject comments to this section of the forum and to stay on subject in places where it is about information. As I understand it this is what Nick was lambasted about by one of our fellow posters and the poster also added that Nick did not have his studio set up so he had no right to make comments on this site. Perhaps Nick aka MM took it hard and went away. I would like to see him back as I think he was funny, smart, saw things in a different way than I may have seen and we connected on a personal level.

My comment to Nick is; come back a lot of us here like you and if a few do not then do not let them bother you.
Mac Pro 2.8G 8 core,16G ram, 500GB SSD, 2x2TB HD.s 3TB HD, Extn Backup HDs,Nvd 8800 & ATI 5770 video cards,DP8 on OS 10.6.8 and OS 10.8; MOTU 424PCIe, MOTU 2408; Micro express. Video editing deck on firewire, a bunch of plug-ins and VI's.Including; MX3 and M5-3. FCP, Adobe Production Bundle CS6. PCM88mx, some vintage synths linked by MIDI. Mackie 16-4 is my main mixers
, kelsey and Yamaha mixers, Rack of gear. Guitars, piano, PA and more stuff.
twistedtom

Post by twistedtom »

Here is a photo of Nick working on a new song, may be he will be back soon.

Mac Pro 2.8G 8 core,16G ram, 500GB SSD, 2x2TB HD.s 3TB HD, Extn Backup HDs,Nvd 8800 & ATI 5770 video cards,DP8 on OS 10.6.8 and OS 10.8; MOTU 424PCIe, MOTU 2408; Micro express. Video editing deck on firewire, a bunch of plug-ins and VI's.Including; MX3 and M5-3. FCP, Adobe Production Bundle CS6. PCM88mx, some vintage synths linked by MIDI. Mackie 16-4 is my main mixers
twistedtom

Post by twistedtom »

Nick's aka MM's new band, Nick if your reading this how can you not post and join in the fun?

Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

Don't worry, Tom. I think Nicky would get a kick out of the pics.

Shoosh
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
jgest

Post by jgest »

Tom-

I don't know about the home thing, his # still works and his message is different from what it was 6 months ago...
your right about the health issues. Last but not least, I loved those threads with all the humor and creative adventures of MM pics....keep em coming, not that I post much anymore, but I still scan the forum every few days with a morning cup of coffee....

I'll give him another few days and try calling......
Macbook pro, 3 gigs of ram, osx 10.62, Dp 5.13, Live 8.1.2, Reason 4, Tc powercore Virus, Albino 3.02, proper ergonomic sitting posture, plenty of coffee (french press only with a pinch of cardamon added)
http://www.myspace.com/aislingbeing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.myspace.com/wigginsmaroo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.mp3.com.au/artist.asp?id=10004" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twistedtom

Post by twistedtom »

jgest I hope you do get a hold of him, if you do and he does not want to come back here tell Nick he can PM me and I will give him my email address. I would like to know he is OK.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Well we won't name names but I recall when someone was giving Nicky a hard time and I remember privately assuring Nicky to ignore it and that ultimately I would be in his corner. There's no need for anybody to come down hard on such a good-hearted and well-meaning person like Nicky and I'll have his back if he decides to come back here.

Dan Worley

Post by Dan Worley »

I don't know Nicky well, just a few private messages here and there about personal matters. I got the feeling that he really needed and wanted to stop all the time he spent on the internet to concentrate on recording his music. Sometimes you just have to shut yourself off from the outside world to get things done. I think he finally built up a system to where he thought he could finally do what he wanted. I hope that's the case. I say a prayer for him when he pops into my head. I always enjoyed reading his messages. He's exceptionally intelligent, a great communicator, and funny as can be.

c-ya,

Dan Worley
DP10.13
jgest

Post by jgest »

Dan Worley wrote: I got the feeling that he really needed and wanted to stop all the time he spent on the internet to concentrate on recording his music. Sometimes you just have to shut yourself off from the outside world to get things done.
+1 very well stated. I have had to do this a few times my self in various social incarnations of my life.....

Nicky returned my call! :D :D :D :D :D :D 8) 8) 8) 8) :o :shock:

He sounded GREAT! He says he is doing GREAT! He sends us all his love, well wishes, and regards. He stated that not a day goes by where he does not think about one of us and smiles. He says though, that it will be a while before he returns to the board. He is more involved with his physical universe, rather than his virtual one....(as dan astutely stated)

I asked about giving out his # to those interested, and (this was relayed in a message, due to the time difference, we left each other detailed messages) he replied that there are so many people he wants to talk to, that he does not want to play favorites. He says to keep him in our minds and hearts, and that HE WILL BE BACK when the time is appropriate for him.

Ok tom, hit it, the mic is yours.......keep the pics comming :wink:
The adventures of MM (i liked the episode with the groupies.....Britany spears, and such back in 08)
Last edited by jgest on Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.