vocalign 3 and DP7?

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
pounce
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

vocalign 3 and DP7?

Post by pounce »

any word on compatibility here. on one of the other audio forums there was talk of an incompatibility between DP and vocalign 3. I could really use that plug in right now, but it doesn't seem to be playing well with DP. syncro arts says there is an issue with how DP writes out wav files. funny since vocalign is actually mentioned in the DP manual. any word about this is welcome.
miditime

Re: vocalign 3 and DP7?

Post by miditime »

I've kept up with OSX updates - 10.5.8
I've kept up with MOTU DP updates - 7.01
Vocalign 2.9.3 has been working fine with DP7
I had updated to 7.01 not to long ago.
It's probably not even related to the problem I am presently having with Vocalign.
When I go to set a guide or dub file inside MOTU DP - all the options are grayed out, except for clear files after align.
It seems to work in stand alone mode.
I haven't been moving anything inside system folders, etc.
How do you recommend I fix Vocalign for use with DP?
Thanks very much!

Seems given the serious importance of an audio alignment tool like Vocalign, MOTU would take Vocalign seriously. I don't think you really need Vocalign 3 - 2.9.3 sounds amazing, and Syncro techs sound like there is no plan to help MOTU get on board. Maybe some complaints at NAMM will help inspire someone to figure out how to align MOTU with Synchro Arts.
martian
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by martian »

i for one would love to see it work- obviiously the integration has been a little flaky for a while..

but if I could get the demo to work I would buy it in a heartbeat
macpro 3 gig - 5 Gig RAM 10.6.3 Motu 2408 mk 2 Mackie HUI DP 7.21 intel imac 3 gig ram traveller OS 10.6.3

http://www.fork-media.com
miditime

Post by miditime »

It would seem to me that not being able to use Vocalign within DP makes DP useless for recording Pop Vocal music.
miditime

Post by miditime »

It would be like if MOTU decided to leave pitch correction out of DP and leave that to a 3rd party software designer and not worry about having it integrated into DP.

I think it's much easier to sing in tune than to match/align a vocal perfectly.

Anybody that doesn't agree, hasn't heard what aligning their vocals can do. (Wow! I guess the yo guys are keeping it for themselves.)