6 IS OUT

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
Frodo
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by Frodo »

auptown wrote:For those of you who follow these things, today is also the end of Mercury retrograde -- in astrology when stuck things get unstuck.

Order in.
I sent an e-mail a couple of weeks ago to someone only kidding that DP6 would go be released when Mercury or Neptune (which went retro at the same time Mercury did) would go direct.

You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension - a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into the DP Zone.

:P :P
Timeline

Post by Timeline »

Well well. I really have to apologize to you all here for all the posts putting DP down for not delivering.

Instead, due to incredible pressure trying to make my mac and dp 5.13 perform with my songs, I have decided to take a few long vacations.

Here's a recent pic of a palm tree with my new retirement gift camera from the last vacation:

http://www.eirec.com/DPImages/*********** :D
2009 Intel 12 core 3.46, 64GB, OSX.10.14.6, Mojave, DP11, MTPAV, Key-station 49,(2) RME FF800,
DA-3000 DSF-5.6mhz, Mackie Control. Hofa DDP Pro, FB@ http://www.facebook.com/garybrandt2
auptown

Post by auptown »

Frodo wrote:
auptown wrote:For those of you who follow these things, today is also the end of Mercury retrograde -- in astrology when stuck things get unstuck.

Order in.
I sent an e-mail a couple of weeks ago to someone only kidding that DP6 would go be released when Mercury or Neptune (which went retro at the same time Mercury did) would go direct.

You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension - a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into the DP Zone.

:P :P
Crazy! I mean, being a technologist, I try not to put too much store into such things, but DP6 is kind of the icing on the cake for this day.

To quote the man below -- I'm a Believer!

http://bitsandpieces1.blogspot.com/2007 ... s-man.html
MacPro 2x2.66, 5G ram, 1 SATA, 2 raptors, 2408 mk3, MOTU HD192, Mackie MCU
Dual 2.0g G5, 7g ram, 1 SATA drive, 1 IDE drive, Duende, Liquid Mix, UAD-1,
OS X 10.4.11, DP 5.13, MOTU 2408mk3, BFD, RMX, Atmosphere, EWQLSO Gold XP, Ethno, Grace m906, Blue Sky 5.1 monitors
MacBook Pro 2.13 3G ram, ext FW drive
FMiguelez

Post by FMiguelez »

Order in.

Hmmm... and I thought you were talking about Waves :?

Why am I feeling silly all of a sudden? Guess I'm in a good mood.

DP6, DP6, DP6...
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
kassonica

Post by kassonica »

Phil Jeffers wrote:
Improved OMF/AAF importDP6's expanded audio file support means that a wider variety of OMF and AAF files can be imported without converting the audio.
Yes!

the reverb is 5.1 compatible and interleaved AIFF & WAV support!

Awesome!

Aussie users: anyone heard from Major Music? They usually contact ahead of time?
Nope and thank you for I couldn't think of who handled it in Australia.

Been a long while.
Creativity, some digital stuff and analogue things that go boom. crackle, bits of wood with strings on them that go twang
Tritonemusic

Post by Tritonemusic »

Timeline wrote:Well well. I really have to apologize to you all here for all the posts putting DP down for not delivering.

Instead, due to incredible pressure trying to make my mac and dp 5.13 perform with my songs, I have decided to take a few long vacations.

Here's a recent pic of a palm tree with my new retirement gift camera from the last vacation:

http://www.eirec.com/DPImages/************** :D
You've gotta love the tropics. :)
Last edited by Tritonemusic on Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zed

Post by zed »

sdfalk wrote:
zed wrote:
TheHopiWay wrote:If the RTAS works as advertised it's goodbye to about 2k of gear and I'll run DP on my PTHD rig.
I wish I could run some RTAS plugs within DP. This hasn't changed, has it?
http://www.motu.com/products/software/d ... pport.html
Well groovey doo! I can't wait to try out some of my RTAS again, like Orange Vocoder and the Joe Meeks Compressor.
MacPro 2.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon | 14 GB RAM | OS 10.11.6 | DP 8
Timeline

Post by Timeline »

666 wrote:
Timeline wrote:Well well. I really have to apologize to you all here for all the posts putting DP down for not delivering.

http://www.eirec.com/DPImages/************* :D
Indeed! :-D And yep I ordered it.
kassonica

Post by kassonica »

Timeline wrote:
666 wrote:

http://www.eirec.com/DPImages/*********** :D
Indeed! :-D And yep I ordered it.
err the 'tropics' or DP6

:D
Creativity, some digital stuff and analogue things that go boom. crackle, bits of wood with strings on them that go twang
gearboy

Post by gearboy »

Great news... Planning on ordering once I get back from vacation. this will be a huge upgrade from DP 4.61!!!

Tropics look nice this time of year.

Jeff
OS 10.4.11 - G5 Dual 1.8GHz, 3GB RAM / Mac PB G4 1.5GHz, 1.5GB RAM / Apogee Duet / MOTU 828mkii w/BLA Analog & Clock mod / MOTU DP4.61 / Live5.2 / Peak 4 & 5 LE / Izotope Oz3, Sp, Tr / Waves Ren Max / TRacks, Miroslav / NI Komplete 5 / GF impOSCar, MiniMonsta, M-Tron / Automat / Nomad Factory Vintage Studio Bundle / apTrigga / Audio Hijack Pro

My recording blog: http://www.ipressrecord.com
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

http://www.eirec.com/DPImages/********** :D
I bet when it rains there you really gotta watch out... :)

What were we talking about? Oh yeah, the box it comes in... DP Sex... I mean, six
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
kassonica

Post by kassonica »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:

http://www.eirec.com/DPImages/******** :D
I bet when it rains there you really gotta watch out... :)

What were we talking about? Oh yeah, the box it comes in... DP Sex... I mean, six
:lol:

No bugs in that one I bet.

:D
Timeline

Post by Timeline »

Hey maybe we can figure out a way organize issue threads by machine types. Intel-PPC Make it easier to source.

Shooshie would be great at that. Where has he been anyway?
FMiguelez

Post by FMiguelez »

Timeline wrote:Hey maybe we can figure out a way organize issue threads by machine types.
ISSUES!! What issues? DP6 is going to be PERFECT :)

kidding... but only a little :?
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
kassonica

Post by kassonica »

FMiguelez wrote:
Timeline wrote:Hey maybe we can figure out a way organize issue threads by machine types.
ISSUES!! What issues? DP6 is going to be PERFECT :)

kidding... but only a little :?
I bet it is, I really do. The extra time they took speaks volumes to me.