How do I burn MIDI Tracks to CD?

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
rholsapple
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

How do I burn MIDI Tracks to CD?

Post by rholsapple »

I'm using DP 4.12 and have created a sequence using five SampleTank2 MIDI tracks. How can I get this to CD? I've tried bouncing to disk and converting, but all I get is an empty file. Any help would be appreciated.
Shooter

Re: How do I burn MIDI Tracks to CD?

Post by Shooter »

You need to create audio files from the MIDI tracks first. Route them to an audio track, or better yet, separate audio tracks, and record them as audio. Then select them for the bounce to disc and you should be fine.
Dual 2.5, 2.5 GB Ram, OS 10.3.7, 250 GB 7200 RPM Audio Drive, 200GB Maxtor External FW (Sample) drive, DP 4.6, Logic Pro 7.1, Reason 3, Live 4.1.1, Peak 4.13, MOTU 828 MKI, Tascam US-224
"All the salty margaritas in Los Angeles, I'm gonna drink 'em up."
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

Or- if you prefer an audio track on a CD rather than a digital audio file (wav, aif) then why not do a "virtual" mix of your MIDI tracks directly to a CD recorder-that is if you have one.
Bruce Zimmerman
Sound Productions/ZimMusic Library

MacPro 3.3 6 core, Yosemite/Lion, DP 8, MTPAV, MOTU 828mkIII, Spectrasonics VIs, Ivory 2, Mach V2 3, Vienna, Ethno 2, Lots of Play VIs, etc

In your eyes, the light, the heat
ApprentiSorcier

Post by ApprentiSorcier »

You can also accomplish the task by selecting those 5 SampleTank virtual instrument tracks and and MIDI tracks used for SampleTank.

Then select "Freeze Tracks" from the audio menu (I think) and it will bounce your MIDI / SampleTank tracks in audio. You can simply export that "frozen" audio track.