Chord symbols crashing DP

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
rosindabow
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Chord symbols crashing DP

Post by rosindabow »

Hello, I am trying to work with chord symbols in DP 11.3 94678, This is something I've done a million times. First, it keeps crashing. I entered a chord symbol at measure 12 beat 2 , attaching it to a dotted half. Fine. Then I entered a second symbol at measure 13, beat 1. It placed the symbol at 12|4|420 and when I go to move it to 13|1|00. it crashes, over and over again. I am including a screenshot of a message that does pop up some of the time before it crashes. Also, I entered the Hendrix chord, A7(#9) and it just inserts a question mark before the 9 instead of a sharp (#)9. Is this a bug? IS anyone else having problems with the quick score notation and chord symbols? Any work around?
Thanks!
Attachments
DP11 error.png
DP11 error.png (42.7 KiB) Viewed 356 times
DP 11.22, Mac Pro 14,8 macOS X 13.5, 128 GB RAM, Apogee Symphony I/O, Apollo x8p, UAD plug-ins, PSP, Waves Mercury, NI Komplete Ultimate 14, Spectrasonics, Hollywood Orchestra, Spitfire; Symphobia, Los Angeles Scoring Strings, True Strike, VSL, real violins, guitars, mandolins, pianos, drums, percussion & lots of other stuff...
HCMarkus

Re: Chord symbols crashing DP

Post by HCMarkus »

Maybe it's the wrong chord. :shock:

I'll show myself out, apologizing profusely as I make my way to the door.
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

I had some problems using QuickScribe that caused DP to crash. I suspect something may happen within QS that corrupts the project file. If the corruption is with that particular chunk, or track you are currently viewing in QS, it's possible you'll have to rescue it somehow-- I should send my file to MOTU and see if they can suss out what broke. Perhaps you can do the same?
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
rosindabow

Post by rosindabow »

Yes - I will try to get something into MOTU tomorrow - if we both do it, we have a better chance of MOTU jumping into this quickly.
Thanks for letting me know!
DP 11.22, Mac Pro 14,8 macOS X 13.5, 128 GB RAM, Apogee Symphony I/O, Apollo x8p, UAD plug-ins, PSP, Waves Mercury, NI Komplete Ultimate 14, Spectrasonics, Hollywood Orchestra, Spitfire; Symphobia, Los Angeles Scoring Strings, True Strike, VSL, real violins, guitars, mandolins, pianos, drums, percussion & lots of other stuff...