MOTU 896 MK3 Hybride AES/EBU - GENELEC ATMOS - ABLETON 10

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Askez
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

MOTU 896 MK3 Hybride AES/EBU - GENELEC ATMOS - ABLETON 10

Post by Askez »

Hello everyone !

Thank you for your community, I'm sure I'm gonna find some good help !

So... I just got a Motu 896 MK3 Hybride with a GENELEC SAM system, sub 7360 and 8330 speakers.

- I have a Mac 14" M1 pro plug to the MOTU with USB 2.
- From the MOTU I use the AES out to go to the SUB (Digital IN) then all speakers are plugged from the sub.
- A SM57 is plug to IN . 1

Why AES out ? Cause Its to be able to use the GLM system from GENELEC.

After I plugged everything and run different test, the GENELEC system work fine and the Motu seam to the job when ITUNE is playing, so far so good.

BUT, when I launch ABLETON or Performer Lite, the sound come only in the head phone !!! :banghead:
I spend my entire day to try to figure it out.... I tried different set up on the MOTU but nothing happen...

The only way to make it work, is to plug the speakers on the MAIN OUT, then I can hear ABLTEON sound on the speakers and also the SM57.

ITUNE works fine but not ABLETON when plug on AES/EBU OUT.... The setup in ABLETON AUDIO Preference looks correct.

DO you have any idea of what the issue can be ? I never use AES/EBU before, so maybe I missing something.

THANK YOU so much for your help !

A.
FrankD
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: MOTU 896 MK3 Hybride AES/EBU - GENELEC ATMOS - ABLETON 10

Post by FrankD »

Do you have the "Motu audio setup" application on your M1?

Not sure if it is used with the hybrid interfaces (my 896 mk3 is older), but it allows you to choose which set of outputs is your default. It also allows you to change the sample rate, assign meters to the AES/EBU or optical outputs, and numerous other useful things.

Hope this helps!
peace,
Frank Dickinson
90 East Productions
Our "lockdown" videos!