Keyboard Maestro and DP11

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Musicmind
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Keyboard Maestro and DP11

Post by Musicmind »

Hi

I'm a long time user of KM. Trying to create a macro that will open the "Set Articulation" window, from the Region menu.
The idea is to have KM click the search field, then wait for me to type the name of the articulation, scroll down to it, and then hitting return to select it. KM then will finish the process with another return to close the Set Articulation window.
I use control+a to launch the macro, but only sometimes DP will open the Set Articulation window! I have used KM to automate both Dorico and Cubase and it worked fine, most of the time, so I wonder if there are any specific issues with DP11?
Attachments
Skærmbillede 2023-05-19 kl. 11.42.41.png
Skærmbillede 2023-05-19 kl. 11.42.41.png (93.22 KiB) Viewed 702 times
Mac Studio Max 64 gb, PC server 64 gb, MacPro 12 core 48 gb.
DP 11, Pro Tools 11, Logic 10, Cubase 11, Studio One 5... Waves9, All NI, All VSL, LASS 2, Brodway Big Band, UA I & II, Altiverb 7, Arturia Synths, BFD3, Sound Toys, All Toontrack, Ozone, Melodyne, Spectrasonics, UHE.....AND a Steinway Concert Grand model A.
Phil O
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Keyboard Maestro and DP11

Post by Phil O »

I have done things like this with DP11 and KM without any problems, but sometimes is tricky finding a method that works right. I would try different methods of getting to where you want to be. As you know there are lots of ways to there from here when using KM. Experiment.

Phil
DP 11.32, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.5/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.
Michael Canavan
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by Michael Canavan »

I set up a KM to open the Set Articulation window, and it works fine, the pop up opens here I select the one I want and hit return, but are you trying to get it to change to a particular articulation?
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
Musicmind
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by Musicmind »

No
I just want it to open the window, then I type "stac" hit enter and the KM types the final enter, so it almost as efficient as in S1.
Another Q: Am I right in assuming that I can't record the KS AFTER the initial recording, I mean kind of "overdubbing" the key switches. I use Patchboard and it works fine as long I record the notes AND the K.S. in same pass, but it doesn't work at all on a overdub.
Thanks for helping me out!
Mac Studio Max 64 gb, PC server 64 gb, MacPro 12 core 48 gb.
DP 11, Pro Tools 11, Logic 10, Cubase 11, Studio One 5... Waves9, All NI, All VSL, LASS 2, Brodway Big Band, UA I & II, Altiverb 7, Arturia Synths, BFD3, Sound Toys, All Toontrack, Ozone, Melodyne, Spectrasonics, UHE.....AND a Steinway Concert Grand model A.