Clippings Crashes

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
JSmith1234567
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Clippings Crashes

Post by JSmith1234567 »

Over the years I learned and sublimated various things that would invariably crash DP.

Lately I have begun to realize that a couple of them, using the Waveform Editor, and trying to do things too quickly when switching tracks and and enabling track-monitoring, aren't really a problem anymore,

I do want to give kudos to Motu for the things we don't notice, like these crashes I have mentioned have pretty much disappeared.

It's something that we don't notice as much because it's not some new flashy feature or whatever.

The one thing that unfailingly still crashes DP for me maybe 95% of the time is copying one or more audio tracks to a Clippings window.

I do this often when I am setting up some custom busing I may want to use again in the future.

Does anyone have a strategy for doing this (copying to clippings) without crashing?
OSX Big Sur (latest). Mac Pro Late 2013 ("trash-can"), 3.5 Ghz 6-Core Intel XeonE5, 64GB RAM. Motu DP 11.31, Vienna Pro Server, Presonus Notion, Osculator, Keyboard Maestro, Tanqueray or Bombay Sapphire.