Master Fader track ineffective

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Jbrown167
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Master Fader track ineffective

Post by Jbrown167 »

My Master Fader track appears to be working in appearance only with no effect. I.E. when I export my tracks even with the Master Fader muted it has no effect on the exported file. I have to go into each track and set all my plugins and volume in the mix. Please advise how I can activate the Master Fader track. I have DP 10.13. Thanks!
FMiguelez

Re: Master Fader track ineffective

Post by FMiguelez »

Can it be that your outputs are set so that you can hear everything but they don't match the master fader's out?

But that's weird because, when you bounce, it only includes whatever is play-enabled and routed to the MF, so you'd be getting a silenced bounce. So maybe your master fader is assigned to a different out?
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

Not enough information. It could be something as simple as not having your tracks routed to the Main Outs. Normally, the cause is in your bounce settings. The manual is your friend.

You can post screen shots here—png or jpeg. Post a screen shot of the Output of one of your tracks and another of your Bounce settings so that we can see them.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.5 b4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
Jbrown167

Post by Jbrown167 »

Thanks for the response! I never had a problem with the Master Fader until I upgraded to 10.13. All the outputs are matched as the image shows.
It's just disabling itself when I export the files like it's not even there.
Screen Shot 2022-11-22 at 7.02.28 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-11-22 at 7.02.28 PM.png (1.73 MiB) Viewed 410 times