DP Audio into VE Pro

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Jimi
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DP Audio into VE Pro

Post by Jimi »

Hi folks, hope someone can help ...

Because of the impossibility of combining separate Vienna Instrument Pro instances onto single a MIR stage within Vienna Ensemble Pro, I have instead frozen reverb-less MIDI files with VI Pro to create audio tracks.

The aim is to combine all of these dry audio tracks on to a single MIR Pro stage within VEP in order to add reverb.

But, it seems, I’m not routing it correctly.

This is what I’ve done:

1. Created a new instance in VEP called ‘MIXING’ and a new instrument track in DP, called the same, and established a connection between the two.

2. Starting with my flute audio track, I have inserted as a plugin ‘VEP Audio Input’ or ‘VEP Audio Input MAS’ (I have tried both) and connected to ‘MIXING’. (As soon as I do this the audio stops playing.)

3. In VEP have added a new input channel called ‘Flute’ with input is ‘IN 1/IN 2’.

Nothing happens!

(I have also tried routing the audio track to a bus and locate the plugins there instead but the result is the same).

What am I doing wrong? Is the whole workflow flawed?! :deadhorse:

Any help much appreciated!