Removing instruments within DP

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
insch
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Removing instruments within DP

Post by insch »

I am working with NI Kontakt and Reaktor within DP. I have worked with different versions over the years. I still have Kontakt 5 and Reaktor 5 installed on my Mac and they are coming up under 'New Instrument' within DP. I only want to use the latest versions though (Kontakt and Reaktor 6). I don't necessarily want to completely remove the older versions from my Mac because I assume that they will be needed when opening older DP projects that used them or will DP use the latest installed version instead? Either way I don't want them coming up as options for 'New instrument' - I just want the current ones. Any advice?
3.7 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon E5 Mac Pro, Mac OS 11.5.2, 64 GB RAM, MOTU 8M, DP 11.01
HCMarkus
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Removing instruments within DP

Post by HCMarkus »

Disable the ones you don't use in DP Preferences
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

... or along similar lines, create a new Plugin set in Preferences and only include the plugins you use regularly in that. If you need to get to the others, you can load the old set.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
insch

Post by insch »

Great - so simple - thank you to both of you.
3.7 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon E5 Mac Pro, Mac OS 11.5.2, 64 GB RAM, MOTU 8M, DP 11.01
Prime Mover

Post by Prime Mover »

Easy, record the guitar upside-down, so the waveforms cancel out, right? :rofl:
Last edited by Prime Mover on Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
— Eric Barker
Eel House

"All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio"
MacPro 1,1 2Ghz 7GB RAM OS 10.6.8 | MacBook Pro 13" i5 1.8Ghz 16GB RAM OS 10.8.2
DP7/8 | Komplete 7 | B4II | Korg Legacy Analog | Waves v9 (various) | Valhalla Room | EWQLSO Gold
MOTU 828mkII | MOTU 8pre | Presonus BlueTube | FMR RNC
Themes: Round is Right and Alloy
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

Prime Mover wrote:Easy, play the guitar upside-down, that should cancel out the waveform, right? :rofl:
I hope you're not poking fun at left handed players, or Australians, or left handed Australians (would a left handed Australian be playing the right way up? Nicky???)
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

bayswater wrote:
Prime Mover wrote:Easy, play the guitar upside-down, that should cancel out the waveform, right? :rofl:
I hope you're not poking fun at left handed players, or Australians, or left handed Australians (would a left handed Australian be playing the right way up? Nicky???)
Hendrix will come to haunt his dreams if he is!
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
labman

Post by labman »

bayswater wrote:
:rofl:
AMPGUI themes - Andy rocks!, 3 macs, MacPro 768GB ram, 16core OS11.7.10, DP11.31, all Waves, all SLATE, PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all PAlliance, Softube, tons of NI VI's all air Spitfire, all Audiobro, all Berlin, EW PLAY, LLizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 4 control surfaces with Raven.