Can't access the Movie window mini-menu... [RESOLVED]

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
FMiguelez
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Can't access the Movie window mini-menu... [RESOLVED]

Post by FMiguelez »

Hi.

I'm trying to extract the audio from a QT in DP. I see the video and everything, but I can't access the mini-menu.

It simply is not appearing there. Right-clicking doesn't bring out anything either.

Since I can't access the menu and apply the Clear Movie command, I must quit without saving.

Can anyone else replicate this? (DP9.52/El Capitan)
Last edited by FMiguelez on Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
dix

Re: Can't access the Movie window mini-menu...

Post by dix »

Weird. You can get the movie to show up in the SE with the Track Selector. From there you can clear the movie etc.
14-inch MBP M1 Max (2021), 13.6.x, 64GB RAM, UAD Quad Tb Satellite, 4 displays ::: 2009 4,1 > 5,1 MacPro 12-core 3.33 ghz , 10.14.x, 96GB RAM, GeForce GTX 770 , NewerTech eSATA/USB3 PCIe Host Adapter, UAD-2 Quad, ::: 15-inch MBP (2015) 10.14.x, 16GB RAM ::: Lynx Aurora (n) USB ::: DP (latest version), Vienna Ensemble Pro danwool.com
FMiguelez

Post by FMiguelez »

dix wrote:Weird. You can get the movie to show up in the SE with the Track Selector. From there you can clear the movie etc.
Aha!
That didn't occur to me. Thank you for the suggestion and for not ignoring me. I'll try it out tomorrow.

And yes, it's quite weird, since it's the only computer where this happens. No mini-menu and right-clicking anywhere in the movie window is futile.
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
JSmith1234567
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by JSmith1234567 »

I'm having this problem too now.

Both on my Mac Pro running DP 10.1 and Mojave, and my laptop running DP 9.52 and High Sierra.

Can't get the mini-menu in the separate movie window, also not if it's popped into a consolidated window, on either computer.

You can get it in the track selector in the edit window, but that does not give you access to movie-start-time and import-movie-audio.

I tried a safe-boot of both computers, and also tried disabling all plugins in DP, but still no mini-menu?

I REALLY need to get at the movie-start-time option.
OSX Big Sur (latest). Mac Pro Late 2013 ("trash-can"), 3.5 Ghz 6-Core Intel XeonE5, 64GB RAM. Motu DP 11.31, Vienna Pro Server, Presonus Notion, Osculator, Keyboard Maestro, Tanqueray or Bombay Sapphire.
JSmith1234567

Post by JSmith1234567 »

There is a command for setting movie start time, but no way to import movie audio.
OSX Big Sur (latest). Mac Pro Late 2013 ("trash-can"), 3.5 Ghz 6-Core Intel XeonE5, 64GB RAM. Motu DP 11.31, Vienna Pro Server, Presonus Notion, Osculator, Keyboard Maestro, Tanqueray or Bombay Sapphire.
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

Same here. I just submitted MOTU Techlink. Please do so as well. Thanks! :smash:
JSmith1234567

Post by JSmith1234567 »

Hey thanks!

I submitted a tech. link March 5th but have not received a reply yet.

I tried a safe-boot and other measures but no luck.

I'll let you know when I hear back!
Phil O

Post by Phil O »

There's was a missing check box in the Event Chasing window a while back, but it only occurred with certain themes. I wonder if this is related (but I think the problem was with the release of DP 10). Try switching to the default theme just for gits and shiggles.

Phil
DP 11.23, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.3.1/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.
JSmith1234567

Post by JSmith1234567 »

Phil O wrote:There's was a missing check box in the Event Chasing window a while back, but it only occurred with certain themes. I wonder if this is related (but I think the problem was with the release of DP 10). Try switching to the default theme just for gits and shiggles.

Phil
Hey thanks for that suggestion!

Unfortunately, I tried all of the themes just to check and that didn't solve it.

It's a pretty weird bug.
Phil O

Post by Phil O »

Yeah, it was a long shot. :?
DP 11.23, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.3.1/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.
JSmith1234567

Post by JSmith1234567 »

Phil O wrote:Yeah, it was a long shot. :?
That actually sounded really plausible!

I thought it was going to work.

I had changed themes from the default for the first time ever a few months ago, and it sounded like it would be the solution!
JSmith1234567

Post by JSmith1234567 »

It's got me thinking about what I've changed in the past couple of months, but changing themes really is the only thing I can think of. Maybe Audio Bundles, but that is it.

I've tried different formatted videos, but that doesn't do it.

Also I've tried different mice and keyboards too, and skipping USB hubs.

Also doing a safe-boot, using the consolidated window, vs. using a separate window, etc.
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

In case you haven't heard back, Matt at MOTU got back to me a week ago and advised that a Right Click on the floating Movie Window will reveal the Mini-Menu. It works.

Also, I noticed that, if the Movie Window is displayed in Consolidated Window, the Mini-Menu reveal button is present.

I could swear the reveal button used to be present in the floating Movie Window...
JSmith1234567

Post by JSmith1234567 »

HCMarkus wrote:In case you haven't heard back, Matt at MOTU got back to me a week ago and advised that a Right Click on the floating Movie Window will reveal the Mini-Menu. It works.

Also, I noticed that, if the Movie Window is displayed in Consolidated Window, the Mini-Menu reveal button is present.

I could swear the reveal button used to be present in the floating Movie Window...
Hey thanks for that!

Still not working for me.

What operating DP version/system are you on?

Right-click still does not open the mini-menu, and when I put the movie in a consolidated window, there is a little arrow in the upper right that might be the mini-menu, but I get a Unexpected- error (-1) when I click on it?

Thanks!
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

JSmith1234567 wrote:
HCMarkus wrote:In case you haven't heard back, Matt at MOTU got back to me a week ago and advised that a Right Click on the floating Movie Window will reveal the Mini-Menu. It works.

Hey thanks for that!

Still not working for me.

What operating DP version/system are you on?

Right-click still does not open the mini-menu, and when I put the movie in a consolidated window, there is a little arrow in the upper right that might be the mini-menu, but I get a Unexpected- error (-1) when I click on it?

Thanks!
Signature shows my system info. Something definitely messed up on your system. Have you tried trashing preferences? (save so You can put em back if it doesn’t help)
HC Markus
M1 Mac Studio Ultra • 64GB RAM • 828es • macOS 14.5 • DP 11.32