Bounce To Disk Window half off screen

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
sdemott
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Bounce To Disk Window half off screen

Post by sdemott »

Anyone know how I can move it when the top half of the window is "behind" the menubar. Kind of frustrating.

DP 8.06, Mac OS 10.9.2

Thanks.
-Steve
Not all who wander are lost.
cuttime

Re: Bounce To Disk Window half off screen

Post by cuttime »

Long time no see Steve. Try changing the resolution of your monitor and see if you can then move it.
828x MacOS 13.6.7 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
sdemott

Post by sdemott »

Yes, it's been a while.

I already tried that & tried the old "Detect Displays" trick. Seems as though Mavericks doesn't respond the same as Snow Leopard (never used any of the Lion variants, so I can't say about those).

I guess the good news is that I can get to the settings I need, but I would really like to get the window back fully onto the screen.

I'm suspecting I'm going to have to trash preferences to reset it to a default screen position.

Thanks.
-Steve
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

I was kind of curious if there was a way to invoke the "green button" with a keyboard shortcut to force the window to some new dimension that matches the display. There might be a way to get the system prefs to let you enter a keyboard shortcut for this. Then you can COMMAND-~ (tilda?) to get your window to the front, then invoke the shortcut to maximize (perhaps correcting the position). It might be in System Preferences, or perhaps an AppleScript could do it.

Finding the highest resolution possible (even if connecting to a different monitor) might sort it.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
leigh

Post by leigh »

Just a thought: If you have a trackpad, download Jitouch. It has some gestures for centering windows and it might fix your problem. http://www.jitouch.com/.

Good luck.

**Leigh
I don't care what you play. I care how you play.— Karl Berger

iMac Pro 3 GHz 10-Core Intel Xeon W, 128GB RAM, Mac OS X 14.2, DP 11.3
VSL, VE Pro 7, MIR Pro 3D, UVI Falcon, EZ Keys, EZ Drummer, Ozone 9 Advanced, RX 8 Advanced, Dorico 5, Metric Halo ULN-8-3D mkiv, ULN-2-3D & 2882-3D interfaces, Novation Impulse-49, various mics
sdemott

Post by sdemott »

stubbsonic wrote:I was kind of curious if there was a way to invoke the "green button" with a keyboard shortcut to force the window to some new dimension that matches the display. There might be a way to get the system prefs to let you enter a keyboard shortcut for this. Then you can COMMAND-~ (tilda?) to get your window to the front, then invoke the shortcut to maximize (perhaps correcting the position). It might be in System Preferences, or perhaps an AppleScript could do it.

Finding the highest resolution possible (even if connecting to a different monitor) might sort it.
Yeah, tried those. No love there. Different screens, resolutions even fiddling with mirror/don't mirror in the hopes it would reset the window position.

I think the bounce to disk window must only have the Close & Minimize (red & amber) functions available to it. I can't seem to get a key command to do the "resize" (green) button. Maybe someone can bring theirs up and confirm/deny this for me.

This is a real doozie.

Thanks for all the input!
-Steve
sdemott

Post by sdemott »

leigh wrote:Just a thought: If you have a trackpad, download Jitouch. It has some gestures for centering windows and it might fix your problem. http://www.jitouch.com/.

Good luck.

**Leigh
I'll give this a try. I see they have a specific gesture for moving & resizing windows. That may be the fix. Thanks for the idea. I'll let you know if it works out.
-Steve
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

leigh wrote:Just a thought: If you have a trackpad, download Jitouch. It has some gestures for centering windows and it might fix your problem. http://www.jitouch.com/.

Good luck.

**Leigh
+1

I've used Jitouch ever since it came out, and I'm quite addicted. Recently I thought it was causing problems in the current version of OSX, so I un-installed it, moved to Better Touch Tool (which is similar, but not as advanced), and started making shortcuts to match those in Jitouch. After a week, I finally threw out BTT and reinstalled Jitouch. I thought I'd rather deal with the problems it was allegedly causing than to live without it. I'm serious about that. I don't think I could use my Mac without Jitouch now. It's like QuicKeys, and has become a permanent part of my operating system. After reinstalling it, the problems did not reappear, so everything's good. (Except for Mavericks, which kinda sucks)

The gesture for moving and its twin for resizing are just two of the reasons I can't live without Jitouch. There are about a hundred more.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

The Bounce to Disk settings window has no red/yellow/green buttons.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
sdemott

Post by sdemott »

jitouch didn't work. Unfortunately I couldn't invoke the move window gesture with the movable part of the window hidden.

Man, this is stubborn.
-Steve
leigh

Post by leigh »

Delete the prefs? Try to hack the .plist file?

**Leigh

VSL, VE Pro 7, MIR Pro 3D, UVI Falcon, EZ Keys, EZ Drummer, Ozone 9 Advanced, RX 8 Advanced, Dorico 5, Metric Halo ULN-8-3D mkiv, ULN-2-3D & 2882-3D interfaces, Novation Impulse-49, various mics
sdemott

Post by sdemott »

So I finally just bit the bullet and deleted all the prefs. That did the trick.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I probably should have just done that from the start. I just have a strange aversion to deleting prefs & was looking for a way around it.

Thanks again all.
-Steve
leigh

Post by leigh »

Should have thought of this sooner:

To save the work of having to reset all your preferences, if you have been using TimeMachine, you could find the backed-up preferences for just before your problem started and restore them. I have found this to be very useful.

**Leigh