DP 8.04 is out!!!

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Radiogal
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DP 8.04 is out!!!

Post by Radiogal »

What I said :)

DP 8.04 is now available at motu.com/download (for both Windows and Mac). This version addresses several issues, including a potential crash when pitch editing audio tracks, and is highly recommended for both Mac and Windows users. Refer to the 8.04 read me for further specifics on enhancements.
MAC PRO 6 Core 3.33 GHz, 16 GB RAM, OSX 10.8.5, DP 9 MAC and WIN (64bit/Jbridge) AMPGUI Mellow, Logic 10, Wavelab 8 MOTU 24I/O (x2), MOTU 2408 MK3 (2x), WAVES Mercury 9, SSL, UAD2Quad, McDSP, Sound Toys, Sonnox, Sonalksis, NomadFactory, T-Racks, P&M, LexPCM, AbbeyRoad, DSM, VCC, VTM, FGX, Melda, EWQL SymphOrch/Piano Gold. Mixingdesk: AMEK Big 44, TK BC-1MK2, SSLcomp clones, GAPPre73, PCM91, TC, FMR. Monitors: Genelec 1031, ADAM A7, >40 mics http://www.ragdollproduction.com
Michael Canavan

Re: DP 8.04 is out!!!

Post by Michael Canavan »

Very cool! I had my first bizarre crash the other day, I'll bet it made the bug fix list! 8)
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
kats_corner

Post by kats_corner »

Downloading it now, thanks for the heads-up.

The "fixes in 8.04" pdf doesn't seem to indicate it, but I'm hoping this *might* help the nanosampler actually "save the root pitch with the sample". Sometimes it does, sometimes not so much. But not to go off topic here, I'll start a new post to inquire on that.
Ken: Owner/Engineer, KaT's Corner Recording
FMiguelez

Post by FMiguelez »

:shock:

That was fast!

Thank you, MOTU!!! 8)
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
Guitar Gaz

Post by Guitar Gaz »

Downloading now - knew it was coming as my Tech Link query with Campbell warned me of its imminence.
Gary Shepherd
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7.4, 64 bit, Digital Performer 11.3, Studio One 6.6 Professional, Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Editor, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.72, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
Guitar Gaz

Post by Guitar Gaz »

Downloading now - knew it was coming as my Tech Link query with Campbell warned me of its imminence.
Gary Shepherd
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7.4, 64 bit, Digital Performer 11.3, Studio One 6.6 Professional, Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Editor, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.72, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
toodamnhip

Post by toodamnhip »

Perhaps MOTU has finally heard us about moving faster on fixes?.... :D
And, the marketplace is getting more and more competitive.
Another co. that releases things quickly is Vienna.

MOTU is earning big points in the bank for this type of quick updating.
Can MIDI mutes be around the corner?..Ah....I go too far.
Can;t wait to download 8.04 later tonight.
I have noticed strange screen redraws in 8.03 and crashes pitch correcting.
Hopefully fixed!
Mac Pro (Late 2013
2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5
64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3
Mojave
DP 10.13
MOTU 8pre, MTP AV, 828 mkII
Tons of VIS and plug ins. SSD hard drives etc
Prime Mover

Post by Prime Mover »

Developers can only code/debug so fast (without hiring more), just because we see increased frequency doesn't necessarily mean we get things fixed faster, just less in every update. But this is still a good thing because time-consuming fixes don't hold up smaller ones.

The down side is that a bug that EVERYONE knows about may go for a few updates before it gets fixed, and MOTU is likely to take some flack for it. Where-as before, you get larger, longer-term updates that pretty much fix every known bug, and everyone gets happy (until they find the next set of bugs).

Or, maybe they just hired more coders =)
— Eric Barker
Eel House

"All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio"
MacPro 1,1 2Ghz 7GB RAM OS 10.6.8 | MacBook Pro 13" i5 1.8Ghz 16GB RAM OS 10.8.2
DP7/8 | Komplete 7 | B4II | Korg Legacy Analog | Waves v9 (various) | Valhalla Room | EWQLSO Gold
MOTU 828mkII | MOTU 8pre | Presonus BlueTube | FMR RNC
Themes: Round is Right and Alloy
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Prime Mover wrote:Developers can only code/debug so fast (without hiring more), just because we see increased frequency doesn't necessarily mean we get things fixed faster, just less in every update. But this is still a good thing because time-consuming fixes don't hold up smaller ones.

The down side is that a bug that EVERYONE knows about may go for a few updates before it gets fixed, and MOTU is likely to take some flack for it. Where-as before, you get larger, longer-term updates that pretty much fix every known bug, and everyone gets happy (until they find the next set of bugs).

Or, maybe they just hired more coders =)
Where do you get this stuff?
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
sdfalk

Post by sdfalk »

toodamnhip wrote:Perhaps MOTU has finally heard us about moving faster on fixes?.... :D
And, the marketplace is getting more and more competitive.
Another co. that releases things quickly is Vienna.

MOTU is earning big points in the bank for this type of quick updating.
Can MIDI mutes be around the corner?..Ah....I go too far.
Can;t wait to download 8.04 later tonight.
I have noticed strange screen redraws in 8.03 and crashes pitch correcting.
Hopefully fixed!
With Windows to now support, faster updates don't surprise me in the least..but good on em
A 2018 Mac mini with 16 gb of ram
HUGE bunch o' AU instruments/fx...
A Metric Halo ULN8-3D…mmmmmmm
Remember to eat all your fruits and vegetables!
My OS is The amazingly gratuitous 10.14
dave pine

Post by dave pine »

well, every time dp crashes, be sure to hit send report, that way they'll get the details about the crash, and can fix it that much easier.

i'm going to wait this time and see how it goes
mac pro 2.26 octacore 24gigs of ram/ El Capitan10.11, dp 10, mackie dxb, 3-2408mk3, waves mercury 10, ozone 3&4&5678, sound toys, izotope rx, melodyne editor, uad 2, bluetubes, 22" polkadotted dildo, omnishpere 2, trigger 2 deluxe, addictive drums, komplete 9, e/w ql symphonic orq platinum, ql choirs, ql stormdrum 2, ql gypsy, ql ra, ql goliath, ql pianos, superior drummer 3, ez drummer 2, garritan bigband, amg kickass brass, ztar, wife, dogs, droped my protools rig at the city dump
scooter

Post by scooter »

I just downloaded 8.0.3. That was quick.

scooter
Macbook Pro OS 10.12.6, 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 gig memory, Apollo Twin audio interface.
toodamnhip

Post by toodamnhip »

dave pine wrote:well, every time dp crashes, be sure to hit send report, that way they'll get the details about the crash, and can fix it that much easier.

I hope that the “send report” aspect is FINALLY maturing, For years, it felt like we were sending into an unknown abyss, without any feedback or result.
Perhaps now, with all things soooo connected, there will be a quicker give and take between users and developers.
The next stage might even be some sort of two way communication or even something a given bug receiving an appointment time where a developer comes online, takes over the computer for a few minutes and tries fixes and even new patches to fix a given bug.
I think we have been in the stone ages long enough and a more rapid, two way bug and development process is coming.
Mac Pro (Late 2013
2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5
64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3
Mojave
DP 10.13
MOTU 8pre, MTP AV, 828 mkII
Tons of VIS and plug ins. SSD hard drives etc
malditoyanki
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by malditoyanki »

toodamnhip wrote:
dave pine wrote:well, every time dp crashes, be sure to hit send report, that way they'll get the details about the crash, and can fix it that much easier.

I hope that the “send report” aspect is FINALLY maturing, For years, it felt like we were sending into an unknown abyss, without any feedback or result.
Perhaps now, with all things soooo connected, there will be a quicker give and take between users and developers.
The next stage might even be some sort of two way communication or even something a given bug receiving an appointment time where a developer comes online, takes over the computer for a few minutes and tries fixes and even new patches to fix a given bug.
I think we have been in the stone ages long enough and a more rapid, two way bug and development process is coming.
MOTU contacted me a week ago after receiving over 100 crash logs from me over the past 4 weeks while working on my last project. We're now working together to figure out the source of the issue.
Intel 6core 3.33 Ghz Westmere 48 gigs ram, MOTU micro lite, OS 10.9, DP 8.06, Apogee Symphony I/O, PLAY, most WAVES v9 plugs, Slate plugins, Soundtoys, ProTools 10, Kontakt 5, Omni, Stylus, Ivory

"DON'T fail me again, Admiral..."
scooter

Post by scooter »

MOTU contacted me a week ago after receiving over 100 crash logs from me over the past 4 weeks while working on my last project. We're now working together to figure out the source of the issue.
Never even considered doing that. I'm glad to know that someone at DP is actually fielding the crash logs. That would be a tough gig.

scoots
Macbook Pro OS 10.12.6, 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 gig memory, Apollo Twin audio interface.