Losing MIDI Device Groups and Templates

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
chaosngn
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Losing MIDI Device Groups and Templates

Post by chaosngn »

Anyone have a solution for this? I am creating templates for film scoring. Everything is actually going pretty smoothly, however I save my template and when I go to load it again when I start up DP 8, everything is fine except my MIDI device groups.

The groups are there, and they show that they are supposed to be linked to, say, Vienna Ensemble Pro 1, but it doesn't say 1-1. It's missing the actual data.

Long story boring, my MIDI device groups aren't saving with my template.

Anyone know of a fix for this?

Thanks!
Gabe S.
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Losing MIDI Device Groups and Templates

Post by Gabe S. »

I don't know anything about your specific template issue, but I've had plenty of template issues. What solved things for me was to abandon official DP templates for big sessions, and instead, make the session that you want to be a template into a Stationary Pad by checking the "Stationary Pad" box in the Get Info window. That way, when you open that session, it makes you save a new session before you get going.

Doing that solved all the crazy issues I had with DP templates.

I put an alias of the Stationary Pad session in my dock, so after I launch DP, I just click that icon in the dock, it opens the session and prompts me to save a new session.

Cheers.
-gabe
Computer: 2019 Mac Pro 28-core 2.5gHz, OS 10.15.2, 96GB ram, all SSD/NVME drives, MH Labs ULN-8, MOTU MidiTimepiece AV
DP Setup: DP10.11, all Spectrasonics VIs, all Waves plugins, Sonnox AU, Altiverb, NI Komplete 12/K5+6, Plogue Bidule 64 as VI host
delcosmos
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: Losing MIDI Device Groups and Templates

Post by delcosmos »

Gabe S. wrote:I don't know anything about your specific template issue, but I've had plenty of template issues. What solved things for me was to abandon official DP templates for big sessions, and instead, make the session that you want to be a template into a Stationary Pad by checking the "Stationary Pad" box in the Get Info window. That way, when you open that session, it makes you save a new session before you get going.

Doing that solved all the crazy issues I had with DP templates.

I put an alias of the Stationary Pad session in my dock, so after I launch DP, I just click that icon in the dock, it opens the session and prompts me to save a new session.

Cheers.
-gabe
What a great idea Gabe!

Thank you.

delcosmos.
8.07 64bit, Spire, Nexus, Fab FilterDiva, Gladiator, Nexus, Sylenth, Stylus RMX, Live 9, Reason 6.5, Komplete 8, AD Keys, AD Drums, Geist, Ivory, Waves 9 Mercury, Sound Toys, Fab, VEPro, Reason, Live, UAD2, x3 2408mk3, PCI424, MAC PRO Dual 3.46 Ghz 12 core Intel Xeon, Memory: 64gb ram, MAC OS X: 10.8.6