windows 7

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
fereeda

windows 7

Post by fereeda »

My windows 7 is not genuine but is activated. Is it safe to enable windows update? I am using Windows 7 Ultimate and my windows is activated. Since i have installed Windows 7 i have never enabled Windows Updates as i am unsure that it may deactivate my windows or may hamper working of my non genuine windows. So i want to know if it will be safe to enable windows updates?
NazRat
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: windows 7

Post by NazRat »

Piracy at its best. I imagine this will be a more frequent issue when DP Windows becomes available. Maybe some are just testing the water at his point.
DP8.06 PT11.2.0 VEP 5.3.x
828mkII 828mk3 ADA8000 MTP-AV Komplete Audio 6
Mac Mini Quad 10.9.4 - HP Quad Laptop Win 8.1
MIDI Life Crisis
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

windows 7

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

And once bootleg copies of DP for [that other OS] emerge, screening trolls who pirate crap will escalate like bunnies. Oh well, got my tools at hand. Gonna be an interesting hunting season starting this's little later this year.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Talk about brazen. I don't care for Microsoft any more than the next guy, but zero tolerance for pirates means exactly that. He walked the plank! :arrrr:
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
MIDI Life Crisis

windows 7

Way to go! I love a happy ending. ;)
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
kgdrum

windows 7

Post by kgdrum »

does anybody have some windex?

Hi James,
I think we all are in agreement that with all of these upcoming changes coming to DP8 there will probably be more of this kind of thing than we have seen before.
Just a couple of suggestions, if you don't mind:
Maybe have some restrictions on posting for new members, maybe have a new "welcome" section where the newest members can post & get basic info.
Questions & procedures can be addressed & after a set # of posts and or they describe a page in the manual then they earn full posting privileges?
I realize all of this sounds time consuming and I'm sure many long time members(myself included) would be happy to assist you in any way you're comfortable with to ease the burden a bit.
I do think implementing some sort of strategy before the deluge might help keep your community from getting flooded with trolls,pirates and spammers and actually minimize the time and energy that will be required to combat this sort of thing.
IMO this is one of the best if not the best sites of it's kind in existence and I hope it gets even better!
No doubt we are going to see more of this, I hope you don't mind some of these suggestions as I think we all want to see you have minimal headaches and problems with all of these new developments.
Best regards,
KG
Last edited by kgdrum on Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2012 Mac Pro 3.46GHz 12 core 96 gig,Mojave, DP11.01,Logic 10.51, RME UCX,Great River ME-1NV,a few microphones,UAD2, Komplete 12U,U-he,Omni & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, Mimic Pro w/ SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata...........
MIDI Life Crisis

Back so soon?

http://www.motunation.com/forum/viewtop ... 14&t=49036" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
billruys

Post by billruys »

Guys, I think this has to be a troll. Who would come to a MOTU forum to ask such a silly question? And by the way - take it easy on us Windows users - we're not all bad.

The way you guys talk, it sounds like the great unwashed are about to invade. Believe it or not, most of us Windows users on this forum have invested lots of dollars in MOTU hardware and buy our software legitimately.

One clue to the pirates is this - they will often ask questions about getting DP working with their crappy on-board sound card or soundblasters. People who are serious about making music and pay for their software generally also invest in good audio hardware.

We Windows people love our Mac brothers - so be kind to us :)
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

We are kind. I replied to your other post complaining about how Mac users talked about Windows. Sorry about that, but to be honest the Windows forums here were done strictly as a courtesy. I'm still figuring out how I will deal with the influx of Windows DP users to this board. Also, I expect that there will be perhaps even a larger issue with pirate users. I understand your point about built-in soundcards versus expensive hardware, but sometimes that really doesn't come up. Also, a lot of users do have decent hardware and are using the cheap DAW that's dumped on the market, and will want to try out DP and I'm sure pirate copies will float around.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
billruys

Post by billruys »

Thanks for the comments, James.

Speaking for myself, I am grateful that you have provided this outlet for us Windows MOTU people. I see using this forum as a privilege, not a right.

I do hope that you continue to support Windows users. I guess it's a choice for you to make whether this is a MOTU forum, or a Mac forum for MOTU users.

I can tell you as a Sonar user (exclusively Windows), that piracy is absolutely detested in the Sonar forums too. If someone posts on that forum who appears to be a pirate, they are generally "run out of town" by the users.

I think you should let the up-coming Windows DP users prove though their actions that they can self-police and keep things honest. As artists/engineers/producers, etc, I do think you will find a robust moral fiber that people who share our interests tend to have naturally.

Cheers,
Bill.
resolectric
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by resolectric »

James Steele wrote:...to be honest the Windows forums here were done strictly as a courtesy. ...
I believe everyone here that is helping others (or trying to) is doing so strictly as a courtesy.
Be it in Mac forums, Windows forums or General Recording forums.
If you feel the Windows sections are attracting more pirate software users you should disable them.
Of course, in doing so, you are also putting aside all the info and knowledge corteously available from us, the users.
Paulo Miranda - AMPstudio
Silence is the new loud.
©