Bite Gain

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
stainlessbrown
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Bite Gain

Post by stainlessbrown »

I highlight a section of a track, but when I apply BG... it affects the entire track.... how do I get it to just work on the highlighted area?

I can't seem to find anything that marks the highlighted area as a separate region....
MacPro 8core, 10MB, 4.5 TB, RME Fireface800, Presonus D8, JBL LSR4326P, Oz HM-6, Presonus HP60, Prism MMA-4XR, Bellari, ART, Altec Lansing, TC Helicon, BBE, 002R, PTLE 8.0, Reaper, Tascam TSR8, Hammond M3, Rhodes 88, Korg, Yamaha, too many guitars, and more mics than I need, and a bunch of plug-ins that seemed a good idea at the time
KEVORKIAN

Re: Bite Gain

Post by KEVORKIAN »

does the track consist of a single soundbite or multiple soundbites?
dp7.2 || os 10.6.7 || 2x2.8 (eight core) intel mac pro, 16gb ram || metric halo uln-8 || motu traveler || euphonix mc control || waves mercury || abbey road bundle || mh channelstrip || toontrack sd 2.0, ez drummer, drumtracker || addictive drums || drumcore 3 || ni komplete 5 || reason || bidule || altiverb 6 || omnisphere, stylus RMX || melodyne 3.2 || stillwell || soundtoys || nomad factory|| psp || mpressor || dsm ||
Dan Worley

Re: Bite Gain

Post by Dan Worley »

stainlessbrown wrote:I highlight a section of a track, but when I apply BG... it affects the entire track.... how do I get it to just work on the highlighted area?

I can't seem to find anything that marks the highlighted area as a separate region....
It will not work on a time selection. It will work on an Event, in this case a selected soundbite. If you want to do it by a time selection then Split the soundbite (Command Y) after you make the selection then adjust the Bite Gain.

I explained this to you in your other post. If you want to ask questions, take the time to read the answers...please. You just cost me three minutes of typing time. I could have ended world hunger in that time. :brucelee:

c-ya,

Dan Worley
DP10.13