Comps and Fades, DP 7.x

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Shooshie
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Comps and Fades, DP 7.x

Post by Shooshie »

They absolutely ROCK!
Sometimes you just have to shout off the highest mountaintops. It's like wishing for a million dollars on your doorstep all your life, then one day you go to your door and there's a package with a letter that says "oh, by the way, here's your million. Sorry it took us a while. We were busy."

Thanks, MOTU!

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
BobK

Re: Comps and Fades, DP 7.x

Post by BobK »

Amen, brother!

I had a visceral reaction when I first did an audio editing session with 7: I was accustomed to hearing the little disc click (which I assume was the fade file being written to disk), and waiting a split second before auditioning to see if the edit sounded OK (otherwise it wouldn't play back properly, and back in the days of 5, it might even crash once in a while if I was editing multiple tracks simultaneously). No need for any of that anymore. Wow! I relaxed and breathed a sigh of relief.

Seemingly-little improvements like this make a big difference - thank you, MOTU!
Bob

M1 Max Mac Studio - 64 GB RAM - macOS 14.5
MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012) - 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7 - 16 GB RAM - macOS 14.4 via Open Core Legacy Patcher
DP 11.23
Metric Halo ULN-8 mk4
zaratero

Post by zaratero »

Kudos to MOTU!
Real time fades are so...well...smooth.
http://www.cueaudio.org
Macpro 3.1 Octocore-16Gb RAM-OSX10.8 - DP 7.24
Macbook pro Core2Duo-4Gb RAM-OSX10.6 - DP 7.24
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

Yup. It's as if we've all been given massive, free processor upgrades by MOTU. A chimney job?
BobK wrote:Seemingly-little improvements like this make a big difference - thank you, MOTU!
Right on, BobK, and this sort of "smoothing" seems to have been ramped up(!) over the past 2 or 3 years, it seems to me.

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
Mr_Clifford

Post by Mr_Clifford »

Just wondering... did the transition to real-time fades in DP7 fix that DP6 bug where merged soundbites would have little clicks/glitches if there was any pitch correction done?
DP 9.52 Mac Pro 10.14.6 RME fireface800. Sibelius. Dorico 4