DP 7.22 released

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
carrythebanner
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DP 7.22 released

Post by carrythebanner »

Digital Performer 7.22 maintenance update now available:
http://www.motu.com/download/download_m ... oad_id=167
"I don't see any method at all, sir."
Phil O

Re: DP 7.22 released

Post by Phil O »

Wow! Thanks for the heads up. 8)

Phil
DP 11.23, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.3.1/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.
dinobass

Post by dinobass »

It mentions bundles during Load operations! Let's see if it works.
Mac Studio M2 Ultra 128G RAM OSX 14.3, 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, UA Apollo x6, UA Apollo Twin, UAD-2 Satellite (x2)
bdr

Post by bdr »

downloading, thanks for the heads up before DP's auto-check told me.
Mac 2.8 8-core, 20 GB RAM, Mac 10.9, DP 8, EWQLSO Platinum Play, Mach V II, Kontakt 5, Superior Drummer, AIR, Absynth 5, Plectrum, CronoX, Albino3, RMV, cup of tea.
sayatnova
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by sayatnova »

Well, I just installed this and it hung for almost 2 minutes real-time but finally finished. However, now any time I try to play back a session I was working on yesterday no sound is passed and DP freezes and shows a beach ball and I am now dead in the water...not cool.

I uninstalled DP and re-installed the program (repairing permissions the whole time) and updated up to my last working increment (7.2.1) and I am having the same issues. Same with other projects that were working yesterday.

I am not happy... Maybe you will be fine.

How are others fareing?

Any suggestions?
http://www.bfdmusic.com
Mac Studio Ultra, 64 gigs RAM, OSX 12.7.5, DP 11.3, UAD2 thunderbolt satellite octo, Apogee Symphony IO MK2 TB
kgdrum

Post by kgdrum »

sayatnova wrote:Well, I just installed this and it hung for almost 2 minutes real-time but finally finished. However, now any time I try to play back a session I was working on yesterday no sound is passed and DP freezes and shows a beach ball and I am now dead in the water...not cool.

I uninstalled DP and re-installed the program (repairing permissions the whole time) and updated up to my last working increment (7.2.1) and I am having the same issues. Same with other projects that were working yesterday.

How are others fareing?

Any suggestions?

suggestions? it would be helpful if you show a signature w/ system specs etc....
2012 Mac Pro 3.46GHz 12 core 96 gig,Mojave, DP11.01,Logic 10.51, RME UCX,Great River ME-1NV,a few microphones,UAD2, Komplete 12U,U-he,Omni & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, Mimic Pro w/ SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata...........
jlaudon

Post by jlaudon »

7.22 works fine here - doing a mix I worked on in 7.21. No issues so far. I have yet to check out the bundles thing though.
MacBook Pro 2021 (M1 Ultra) with 64 gigs RAM. DP 11.23
kassonica

Post by kassonica »

Can anyone post a list of enhancements or fixes?

Thanks
Creativity, some digital stuff and analogue things that go boom. crackle, bits of wood with strings on them that go twang
dinobass

Post by dinobass »

sayatnova wrote:Well, I just installed this and it hung for almost 2 minutes real-time but finally finished. However, now any time I try to play back a session I was working on yesterday no sound is passed and DP freezes and shows a beach ball and I am now dead in the water...not cool.

How are others fareing?

Any suggestions?
My install hung for a long time also. I tried to open up an old session and was having big problems, but it turned out I needed to update the authorizations for my UAD cards (I had updated to the 5.8 software). After that the old session worked like a charm. Hope your fix is as easy.
Mac Studio M2 Ultra 128G RAM OSX 14.3, 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, UA Apollo x6, UA Apollo Twin, UAD-2 Satellite (x2)
RROY

Post by RROY »

My install hung for quite awhile as well , but seems to be working fine so far. I have the latest UAD software and no problems with that.

ENHANCEMENTS IN VERSION 7.22
Improvements, optimizations, and refinements can be found in the following areas:
■ Analysis: waveform overview construction.
■ Import&Export:interchangingAIFFfileswithProTools; importing bundles during Load operations; saving project files.
■ Plug-ins: impulse reponse management in ProVerb; state saving and loading in MasterWorks Leveler; Shift-dragging graph points in MasterWorks EQ.
■ Miscellaneous: managing sidechain output bundles; bringing application into focus when not in front.
Mac Pro 2x2.4 quad core /24 gb ram/OS 10.13.6, Dp 10.13, MTP AV, /UAD 2, KOMPLETE 12, Stylus RMX, SD 3.0, EZ Drummer 3, A&H ZED R 16.
cbergm7210

Post by cbergm7210 »

kassonica wrote:Can anyone post a list of enhancements or fixes?

Thanks
ENHANCEMENTS IN VERSION 7.22
Improvements, optimizations, and refinements can be found
in the following areas:

Analysis:
waveform overview construction.

Import & Export:
interchanging AIFF files with Pro Tools;
importing bundles during Load operations; saving project
files.

Plug-ins:
impulse reponse management in ProVerb; state
saving and loading in MasterWorks Leveler; Shift-dragging
graph points in MasterWorks EQ.

Miscellaneous:
managing sidechain output bundles;
bringing application into focus when not in front.
Mac Pro 2.66GHz Dual Quad Core Nahalem, 16 Gigs RAM, DP 9, RME Fireface 800, MOTU MIDIexpress 128, Mac OS 10.8.5

http://www.rfjmusic.com
dinobass

Post by dinobass »

So I just tested out the bundle issue. I opened a template that was always problematic (one instance each of Play, Kontakt, Omnisphere and RMX) and it opened up with half the inputs unavailable as usual. Using the BTD trick, I got all the inputs working and then saved the template. New projects from that template subsequently opened quicker than usual and, more importantly, all the inputs were active! I tried it a couple of times and so far so good.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Working great here too!
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Killahurts

Post by Killahurts »

Hey, they addressed the bundles issue! Whether it's perfect or not yet, it shows that they heard us!!

Good work guys!!!! :mrgreen:

Will download tomorrow.
DP11, 2019 16-Core Mac Pro, Monterey, 64GB RAM. RME HDSPe MADI FX to SSL Alphalink to SSL Matrix console, and multiple digital sub consoles. UAD Quad PCIe. Outboard stuff.
FutureLegends

Post by FutureLegends »

Thanks for the heads-up!
Seems to be working fine here too...

Not sure if this is news or not but the "what's new in 7.22" mentions:
"Avid has announced the end of support for DAE mode in third-party applications such as Digital Performer and Logic. Digital Performer 7.22 is anticipated to be the final version of Digital Performer to support the use of DAE as the audio engine"
This is probably bad news for people using DP with DAE. Personally I'd rather see MOTU spending their resources developing other parts of DP than trying to make it work with PTHD.
This could also suggest that this is the last update of DP7 and maybe that DP8 will be announced at NAMM? (pure speculation on my part)
Hackintosh 6-Core 3.7ghz/32gb ram, macOS Mojave
Hardware: Apollo 8, Apollo 8p, Apollo Twin mkII, MOTU 828mk3 & Original 828 | UA LA-610 | Vanguard V13 Tube Mic | MindPrint En-Voice | Genelec M040AM | Gretsch Guitars & Drums
Software: DP8 | FCPX | Logic Pro X | Play
| EWQL Gypsy, Choirs, Orchestra Gold, VoP | EZDrummer w/ Twizted Kit | Action Strings