New Driver 4.0.4.3553

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
mandobilly64
Primary DAW OS: Windows

New Driver 4.0.4.3553

Post by mandobilly64 »

Well, Just installed the newest driver, haven't really taken for a real test drive yet but one cool new added feature is a guitar tuner in Cuemix FX, works great. Anyway, just thought I would let you guys know about the new driver update.

Peace,
Billy
Publius Enigma
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: New Driver 4.0.4.3553

Post by Publius Enigma »

I haven't had any luck with this driver version. On a fresh install of Windows 7 64-bit, I get intermittent drop-outs and noises every minute or so. This includes simple playback from iTunes etc. On Windows XP 32-Bit, having the CueMix FX window open causes an unusably high ASIO load, making recording or playback impossible due to constant distortions. Closing the CueMix window remedies this, but defeats the purpose.

I lodged a TechLink a couple of weeks ago, no response yet. It sits there unread.

That being said, none of the Windows 7 drivers have worked for me yet, so your mileage may vary.
jondale
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: New Driver 4.0.4.3553

Post by jondale »

same as , i uninstalled the new driver , all breaks up in playback if you open the fft or even the tuner , strange that its only 11megs where the older driver is 29 aaahhh !