FYI: ADS Pyro A/V Link Video Converter Compatibility

Digital Perfomer in the context of television/film scoring and post-production.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for discussion related to the use of Digital Perfomer in the context of television and film scoring and post-production.
Saintmatthew
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

FYI: ADS Pyro A/V Link Video Converter Compatibility

Post by Saintmatthew »

I noticed the frustrating experiences have had with incompatible device(s) with DP for external video monitoring and thought I'd help the cause. I picked up this very reasonably priced unit a couple months ago to sync video for live performances and it works good with DP 6.03 on mac (10.6-SL). Device was class compliant os no driver install was required. Don't have v7 so I can't give a 100% guarantee of compatibility but I can't see it breaking as v7 seems good to go. It does require using DV codecs though-I haven't had any luck with non-DV codec files although I haven't made it a personal quest to try either. Just throwing it out there for anyone afraid of what to try.
MacPro 12core 64GB Ram 4 1TB SSDs motu 828mk3 DP 10.11
musicinstincts

Re: FYI: ADS Pyro A/V Link Video Converter Compatibility

Post by musicinstincts »

Hello,
I have been using the pyro A/V link box for over 6 years now. I do notice that sometimes it makes my mac (2.8 8 core) struggle with firewire. By this I mean that, it doesn't like my digi 002 very much. They do work together but it takes a couple of boots someimes. Nice device. I was almost about to buy another video card (I'm extremely comfortable having three screens) but someone told me that I should just buy another firewire card instead. My question, would this relieve my firwire bus and make another? Two seperate firewire buses?
Anyone?
Thanks!
Oscar Jasso
Mac Pro 3.7ghz, Quad core, 128gigs ram.
Slate Raven Core Station
Digital Performer 10 East West Symphony Orchestra Platinum Plus, Hollywood Orchestra Platinum, Stylus RMX, Omnisphere, Kontakt 5. Machfive, Quantum Leap RA, Symphonic Choirs, Stormdrum, and all that stuff...

http://www.oscarjasso.com
info@oscarjasso.com
Saintmatthew

Post by Saintmatthew »

Not sure. It probably wouldn't hurt to run them on separate FW busses. So far mine has played nice with my 828 MKII. Which is first on your chain? I have the 828 first on mine.
musicinstincts

Post by musicinstincts »

Thanks for your reply!
I'm not sure if I mentiones but I now have a Mac Pro 2.6, 8 core. Still gives me the same problems. I have the 002 on the back and the pyro in the front. My understanding is that it is the same bus. Am I wrong?
Thanks again!
Oscar
Oscar Jasso
Mac Pro 3.7ghz, Quad core, 128gigs ram.
Slate Raven Core Station
Digital Performer 10 East West Symphony Orchestra Platinum Plus, Hollywood Orchestra Platinum, Stylus RMX, Omnisphere, Kontakt 5. Machfive, Quantum Leap RA, Symphonic Choirs, Stormdrum, and all that stuff...

http://www.oscarjasso.com
info@oscarjasso.com
Saintmatthew

Post by Saintmatthew »

I'm pretty sure it's the same bus but you might want to check and make sure. if you have 400 and 800 ports those might be different busses. I use a macbook with only one port so I daisy chain mine. I don't have anything Digidesign to test with though so that might be the culprit.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Hi,

I'm not aware of nor do I know what this link and converter do, but I have solved some of my firewire problems.

Back when I used a PPC g5 quad, I purchased a couple of Tango FW and USB cards. I hooked my Lacie 800 FW drives to the main computer 800 FW port, hooked each of my 896mk3 audio cards to the two installed FW 400 cards.

This may or may not help solve your problems, but it might as it does separate and make each card an individual FW buss plus your computer FW as a third buss..

Good luck.
iMac 3.06 4 gig, 2.66 Quad-Core MacPro (1,1), 20 gig, 2.26 8 Core MacPro (4,1) , 16 gig, Euphonix MC mix, Euphonix MC control, DP 8, Logic 9 Studio, Live 7, Protools 9, Sibelius 7, Garritan Personal & Jazz, Komplete 5, Komplete 7, Melodyne, BFD 2, Arturia CS-80, Waves Platinum, Motu 896 mk3, Unitor8, Roland Fantom X7, Roland octapad - SPD 30, Vienna Ensemble Pro