collective bpm errors and problems

Moderators: James Steele, ssp

ssp
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

collective bpm errors and problems

Post by ssp »

as per request and suggestion here is the start of a thread detailing any errors or glitches or issues you are having with bpm.

please keep all details of a technical nature as when passed onto uvi it will help them identify the issues more easlily and get a quicker response.

rules: no rants about problems and how crap something is, no flaming or criticising others posts.

if you have experienced the same issue and found a solution please post it up as it my help someone else. if you have had any issue and found a solution please also share it here.

always respect the admin of the board james steele as he can edit or remove any of this threads posts at any time should he see fit too.

hopefully by producing a clear and concise section here we can begin to construct a good general overview of all known bpm faults for uvi to examine and correct. here is the list please add suggestions in numbered order and i will add them to this first post list.

i will start this off with:

1: lack of global control change cc# assignment and storing of user cc# setups with autoload facilities of such user settings.

2: allowance of user mmc assignability to transport section so as to allow double entry control per mmc command over MIDI.

mac pro 8-core, mac mirror door dp, graphite g4 400.
Motu 2408/24io interfaces, PT HD, Event opals, Focal twin 6.
Too many synths to mention!
b-righteous

Re: collective bpm errors and problems

Post by b-righteous »

There seems to be a an issue with crackles and pops with certain rack multi-sample instruments in the stock library. Not sure if this has to do with disk streaming but I only notice on certain instruments.
I do not have further details but I noticed it on XP 32 with my P4 and on Win 7 64 on an i7 with 6gigs. Have not tested to see if there is a difference between VST or stand alone yet.
ssp

Post by ssp »

b-righteous, please do the stand alone test and post your results.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
just a thought though about disk streaming which some people still dont know about.
try to keep all samples and audio files on a seperate hardrive to your operating system and applications. as xp, vista and win7 hot swap data all the time it can cause issues with audio playback if it is streamed from the same drive as the applications.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

bobbybland

Post by bobbybland »

MIDI Learn - should be able to save mappings upon restart and save as a .bttpl file

If I learn a controller via MIDI learn, then close Bpm and restart it, my MIDI mappings are not remembered.Small issue as there is another workaround for mapping,but this would benefit the app,when working with multiple controllers at will.
b-righteous

Post by b-righteous »

Happens in stand alone. It seems one of the issues was with one of the EP's in the keyboard section. I disabled the FX and it went away. This was not just a click but a more sharp noise on that EP. I forget which one but it was an effected Rhodes. The others are clicks in some instruments when playing notes. I tried raising the polyphony limit to no avail. This was at 128 buffers 44k. Will test some more.
ssp

Post by ssp »

bobbybland thanks for the post, i have covered the save and autoload of user settings/mappings in the 1st two suggestions, thanks, keep adding suggestions and remember to please number them so i can easily add them

it makes it an easy list to answer from as each numbered questions is replied to.

b-righteous

Post by b-righteous »

MIDI Learn - should be able to save mappings upon restart and save as a .bttpl file
This is the lack of global MIDI CC issue at work.

I know this is more an issue/bug solution thread but I want to outline some suggestions for the global CC and basic select/ navigation.

1)There should be a setting per bank to obey global CC or custom settings saved with the kit. There should be a default global CC preset assigned to all front panel knobs and buttons.

2) There should be a select button on the GUI that lets you select 1 or multiple pads for editing. While this is held, playing a pad only selects it for edit silently. A modifier like alt can engage this. This would be a momentary setting so when you let go it returns to normal. Holding the select button or assigned modifier while clicking the bank A-D button selects all pads in that bank.

3) Global absolute editing should be allowed when multiple pads are selected. The all layers box of each pad will determine if other layers are affected. Clicking the all layers box with multiple pads selected will of course select all layers in all selected pads.

4) Add ability to increment to next previous sample in editor to load the next sample in folder to layer.

5) Option in browser to follow selected instrument or pad so selecting the pad with the kick drum has the browser pointing to that source folder.

6) Add ability to select multiple single samples from browser to drag to bank.

7) Expose global CC to host as host automation.

The rest is in the feature thread.
b-righteous

Post by b-righteous »

A few last things not in the feature request.

8. copy and paste pads assignable to cc

9. duplicate pattern assignable to CC to extend pattern length and increase max pattern length by adding pages.

10. Add edit and loop tabs to pads to edit loop and time stretch on pads.

The rest are here. http://www.motunation.com/forum/viewtop ... 23&t=36917
double m

Post by double m »

track mute automation please
AUTO BPM for homemade loops
better mpd 32 support
b-righteous

Post by b-righteous »

It seems some of the clicks may be in the samples themselves. I loaded the BPM factory and UVI sound demos in UVI workstation and get the clicks on certain instruments. One I noticed in a certain key range like the sample start was not trimmed properly. Tried disabling disk streaming and the clicks are still there.

I think it was the old school EP that had the other weird problem with the effects. Looks like mostly library/sample issues.
chrisma
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by chrisma »

Can someone confirm this as a bug:

1. Go to a pattern MIDI pattern in the rack.
2. Select all notes in the pattern.
3. Try to move all the notes at once to up or down a half step.
4. Verify that the pattern view will scroll to the bottom and screw up the pattern.

Moving one note up or down at time works fine. Its multiple that bugs out.
I like doing modulation on the end of songs and sometimes I just don't wanna have to replay all the instruments to do so.
World Class Major Label Quality Music Production - UrbanMultiTracks.com
http://www.urbanmultitracks.com/

Music Production, Mixing & Mastering - ChrismaProductions.com
http://www.chrismaproductions.com/
songa

Post by songa »

does anyone else's bpm crash (im using the latest v1.5 in standalone) when you open up the clip window and click on "slice"? sometimes it crashes after clicking slice, then switching between "transients" or "grid" etc. so its not easy to replicate exactly everytime, but i do know it crashes in the clip window. is anyone else experiencing this? is there something i can do to fix this or is this something that will have to be addressed in a software update?

thanks!
ssp

Post by ssp »

songa.

No I do not have that issue here with stand alone or plug-in.
and as of yet niether do the others, unless they report this issue.

Also this is not the right thread to post errors about version 1.5, there is a thread dedicated to the new release. The reason for keeping the threads in the right place is so I can make a new reprot of errors and suggestions to give to U.V.I and Motu for future updates, it keeps things laid out and easy to find.

Please check through the threads before you post. :D :D

thanks.

songa

Post by songa »

ssp, sorry about the posting confusion! i was kinda confused as where to post. thanks for the response tho! do u have any suggestions on what i can do to fix this issue? maybe reinstall bpm? is there some preferences i can delete or something? thanks!
davidb63

Post by davidb63 »

I have a problem loading RX2 files in BPM and UVI workstation. This is only a problem in the 64bit versions. My OS is Win7-64bit. I can load RX2 files ok in the 32bit versions of both BPM and UVI. BPM displays an error msg "could not load the file <gives directory path of file>" UVI WS doesn't give an error, just doens't load it.

edit: this is with BPM 1.0.5 (waiting for 1.5 update to arrive)

edit: found some info on KVR indicating this may be an issue with RX2 not supported for 64bit applications yet;

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4199248" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;