2408 mk 2 and Cubase 4 Major Problem

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
slinky005
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

2408 mk 2 and Cubase 4 Major Problem

Post by slinky005 »

My first time on this board so this may have been covered but here goes:

Spoke with Steinberg and this is definitely a motu driver problem.
Basically when recording with word clock on, eventually it will cause Cubase to mute all audio.
This happens when going to desktop while CB is running;
In the middle of recording audio;
Also randomly when changing a sound in RMX or Addictive Drums and pretty much whenever it feels like it.
In order to get it to work again I have to force quit Cubase, set the clock to internal, open the pci-324 console, launch Cubase, go to the motu console and keep my mouse hovering over the word clock pulldown, if Cubase causes the clock to go to wordclock I have to select internal before Cubase boots completely. Very often I'll have to repeat this entire scenario minutes after going thru the whole process.
Steinberg told be that I am stuck with the problem unless Motu updates this driver. Obviously it's not going to happen since the unit is discontinued. Or is there something I can do?
artright
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: 2408 mk 2 and Cubase 4 Major Problem

Post by artright »

I really think your going to be stuck with the problem as you said it's a discontinued product and MOTU won't jump through hoops for you. Have you tried another 324 card (I know that they don't come in pairs) maybe it is the driver and the card that are cooking up the issue ?

Best of luck