Absynth4 and DP 6.02, weird error message

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
dacart
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Absynth4 and DP 6.02, weird error message

Post by dacart »

Upon trying to instantiate Absynth4 (ver 4.0.5.003) in DP6.02 under OSX 10.5.6 I get the following message:
"Error /Users/brianclevinger/Dev/CVS ni/1.5.1/uia/src/MacOS/GDI/DeviceContext_UIA_MACOS.cpp:91 4"

I have attached a screenshot of the message as well below.

Naturally this ONLY happens in DP and not in either Live or Logic8.

I have thrown away preferences and reinstalled to no avail.

Any way to resolve this would be greatly appreciated. B4II now works. I can only hope that this can be resolved somehow without having to wait longer for another version release from whomever.

Dan Carter

"Ted, you know the way you are? Don't be that way!" Lou Grant to Ted Baxter
bzfoto
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: Absynth4 and DP 6.02, weird error message

Post by bzfoto »

Absynth 4 works fine in DP6.02.

Try creating a new user, install DP and Absynth in the new account and see how they now work fine together.
I suggest reinstalling ABSYNTH, run some virus software too.
BKK-OZ
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Absynth4 and DP 6.02, weird error message

Post by BKK-OZ »

Brian Clevinger is the guy who developed Absynth.

I cannot imagine why your instance of Absynth would be looking for a development folder (/Dev/).

Uninstall and reinstall.

I have to ask the obvious, this isn't a hacked copy, right?

You might also want to try NI's own forums - not very active, but there are some people there who know their products.
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku