DP 4.52 Problems Linked to OS 10.3.8?

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
billf
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DP 4.52 Problems Linked to OS 10.3.8?

Post by billf »

I read this over at MacInTouch:
Running Slowly

Philip Tate
Dan Buchan solved his slowdown problem by trashing all his preferences. He suggested that they could be added back one at a time to find the offending one, but there's a much quicker way. Add half back, then see if it works. If so, add half the remaining. This sequence of dividing into halves will greatly shorten troubleshooting time.

Marc A. Le Pape
A few weeks ago I also experienced a noticeable slow down of my operating system (10.3.8) and of all applications running on it. I did exactly what Dan Buchan mentioned yesterday because I reasoned that since the problem was affecting all users it was clear that users' preferences were not the culprit and that I had to target something higher up in the hierarchy as a possible cause of the problem.

By deleting /System/Library/Preferences everything went back to normal. So I can confirm Dan Buchan claim that his suggestions does work - at least in some instances.
So I'm wondering if my perfomance problems with MachFive and DP 4.52 might be related. Someone on the list mentioned in an earlier thread that going back to 10.3.4 solved their issues.

Anyone have any thoughts on the issue? I'm going to try these suggested fixes and will let you know what happens.

<small>[ March 18, 2005, 04:08 PM: Message edited by: TimeMist ]</small>
MacPro5,1 2012, six core 2 x 3.06, 10.12.5, Digital Performer 9.13, 40 gb ram, 828mkIII, 2408 mkII, MTP AV, Logic Pro X 10.3.1, Studio One v 3.2, Pro Tools 12.7.1