DP being used on new Comedy Central show by me

Share music created in Digital Performer
Forum rules
This forum is where you can post links to sound files of your projects created in Digital Performer in order to get feedback. You may also plug your band and announce live performances.
daveyboy
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DP being used on new Comedy Central show by me

Post by daveyboy »

Just thought I'd let everyone know that I'm going to be on the new show, "Dog Bites Man"http://www.comedycentral.com/shows/dog_ ... ndex.jhtml
on the Comedy Central network on June 21st. It's a sketch comedy/reality/improv show where the actors involve unspecting regular people in their shinanigans. I was led to believe that I was going to be filmed for a documentary recording an unknown singer/songwriter. I hadn't met him until the cameras were rolliing. As soon as I saw him I recognized him as being Zach Galifianakis. Not a famous guy but you've probably seen him on some show or another. I played along as if I didn't "get it" and helped them write and record their smash hit. After the 3 hour session was up I was left with a big mess of crap that I had to turn into a song, you know, like any other day (just kidding). Apparantly Fiona Apple added some vocals. You can see a short clip of the episode at the above url. Enjoy!
Last edited by daveyboy on Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dave
www.dbwproductions.com
10 core IMac w/128 gbs ram, DP11, Logic10x and PT 12, 4 room commercial studio (tuned by Bob Hodas) great for producers and composers!
chrispick
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by chrispick »

Cool. Zak Galifinakis is a pretty funny guy. Congrats.
Shooshie

Re: DP being used on new Comedy Central show by me

Post by Shooshie »

Great going, Davey. The people of this forum never cease to amaze me. Lots of good work going down by citizens of the UnicorNation.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
Tim

Post by Tim »

edit
Last edited by Tim on Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kwiz

Post by kwiz »

daveyboy wrote:Just thought I'd let everyone know that I'm going to be on the new show, "Dog Bites Man"http://www.comedycentral.com/shows/dog_ ... ndex.jhtml
on the Comedy Central network on June 21st. It's a sketch comedy/reality/improv show where the actors involve unspecting regular people in their shinanigans. I thought that I was going to filming a documentary with an unknown singer/songwriter. I hadn't met him until we were rolliing film and as soon as I saw him I recognized him as being Zach Galifianakis. Not a famous guy but you've probably seen him on some show or another. I played along regardless as if I didn't "get it" and helped them record their smash hit. After the 3 hour session was up I was left with a big mess of crap that I had to turn into a song, you know, like any other day (just kidding). Apparantly Fiona Apple added some vocals. You can see a short clip of the episode at the above url. Enjoy!
Congrats Dave, your facial expressions during the zipper scratching scene are priceless...
Great family and friends!

Mac Studio M2 Max, MacPro 8 core (trashcan), MacBook Pro 16 in 2023, OSX Ventura, DP 11, Pro Tools, Logic Pro X, Motu 112D, 24Ao, 8M, 896 MKIII, UA Apollo 16, Waves Horizon, Slate Everything Bundle, Plugin Alliance Bundle, UAD-2 Satellite DSP Accelerator, UAD Apollo Twin.
Native Instruments Komplete 14 Ultimate, Console 1 MKIII w/C1 Fader

"Without struggle, there is no progress"

F. Douglas
kwiz

Post by kwiz »

Tim wrote:Cool, Davey!

Here's a recent project I worked on......all DP except Gregg's drums, tracked on the PT rig.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaQX-Rj5ZpM

Tim, that show is crazy, it's sick. It's the most disgusting cartoon ever made!!! Soooooo........when does it air, that's my kind of show :wink:
Great family and friends!

Mac Studio M2 Max, MacPro 8 core (trashcan), MacBook Pro 16 in 2023, OSX Ventura, DP 11, Pro Tools, Logic Pro X, Motu 112D, 24Ao, 8M, 896 MKIII, UA Apollo 16, Waves Horizon, Slate Everything Bundle, Plugin Alliance Bundle, UAD-2 Satellite DSP Accelerator, UAD Apollo Twin.
Native Instruments Komplete 14 Ultimate, Console 1 MKIII w/C1 Fader

"Without struggle, there is no progress"

F. Douglas
Timeline

Post by Timeline »

Funneeee

good one!
2009 Intel 12 core 3.46, 64GB, OSX.10.14.6, Mojave, DP11, MTPAV, Key-station 49,(2) RME FF800,
DA-3000 DSF-5.6mhz, Mackie Control. Hofa DDP Pro, FB@ http://www.facebook.com/garybrandt2
billf

Post by billf »

I don't know how you managed to sit there with a straight face especially during the zipper solo! "We gotta mic that!"

:lol:
MacPro5,1 2012, six core 2 x 3.06, 10.12.5, Digital Performer 9.13, 40 gb ram, 828mkIII, 2408 mkII, MTP AV, Logic Pro X 10.3.1, Studio One v 3.2, Pro Tools 12.7.1
lakland
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by lakland »

Good Stuff!

Congratulations :D

Also, great job with the samples on your website.
G5 Dual 2G, 6 gigs RAM, DP 7.2, Mach V-2, OS-Leopard 10.5.8, Yamaha O1X control surface, EZ, Addictive Drms etc.