CD produced entirely with DP

Share music created in Digital Performer
Forum rules
This forum is where you can post links to sound files of your projects created in Digital Performer in order to get feedback. You may also plug your band and announce live performances.
muscletn
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

CD produced entirely with DP

Post by muscletn »

Hello fellow Unicornarians,

I wanted to bring to your attention my CD, entitled HERE IS WHERE. I recorded and mixed every song in DP (starting in OS9, and finishing up in OSX). It was mastered here in Los Angeles at Capitol. This is the only non-DP aspect.
You can hear samples at CDbaby.com, or check out my website,
Iraingber.com.
You'll see that many things are possible in DP. Now if we can just get the stuck MIDI notes...
Thanks,
Ira Ingber
daveyboy

Post by daveyboy »

Hey Ira,
Just wanted to say "congrats" on your CD! Saw your impressive resume on your web site. Wow! Anyway, best of luck to you with your project. Sounds great.
Dave
www.dbwproductions.com
10 core IMac w/128 gbs ram, DP11, Logic10x and PT 12, 4 room commercial studio (tuned by Bob Hodas) great for producers and composers!
Timeline

Post by Timeline »

I like it, and I'm picky. Worthy of more than CD Baby IMO. I would sign you. Nice Peter Gabriel influences!

Tell VanDyke hi from me BTW. He kept me off drugs in the late '60s in my first engineering days at Sunwest Studios Hollywood.

Best of luck.
2009 Intel 12 core 3.46, 64GB, OSX.10.14.6, Mojave, DP11, MTPAV, Key-station 49,(2) RME FF800,
DA-3000 DSF-5.6mhz, Mackie Control. Hofa DDP Pro, FB@ http://www.facebook.com/garybrandt2
newrigel

Post by newrigel »

Just goes to show ya... DP really has a great sound and you complement each other BEAUTIFULLY!
Nice one man!
Shooshie

Re: CD produced entirely with DP

Post by Shooshie »

muscletn wrote:Hello fellow Unicornarians,

I wanted to bring to your attention my CD, entitled HERE IS WHERE. I recorded and mixed every song in DP (starting in OS9, and finishing up in OSX). It was mastered here in Los Angeles at Capitol. This is the only non-DP aspect.
You can hear samples at CDbaby.com, or check out my website,
Iraingber.com.
You'll see that many things are possible in DP. Now if we can just get the stuck MIDI notes...
Thanks,
Ira Ingber
Hey, wait a minute. That's cheating. You've got TALENT! What are the rest of us to do? ;)

Shooshie

PS: in all seriousness, that was great. thanks.
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
emulatorloo

Post by emulatorloo »

stunning - thanks for the info.
Renaissance Man

Post by Renaissance Man »

Congrats on your new release. Nice piece of work BTW. Christopher
emulatorloo

Post by emulatorloo »

muscletn wrote: It was mastered here in Los Angeles at Capitol. This is the only non-DP aspect.
Hey, would you mind telling us about the mastering? What did you take to Capitol - two-track dat from in-the-box mixdowns? Or digital files? or your full DP rig? How was it interfaced w Capitol's gear? Etc etc.

THANKS!

--
Timeline

Post by Timeline »

It is interesting NO profile system info is listed.
2009 Intel 12 core 3.46, 64GB, OSX.10.14.6, Mojave, DP11, MTPAV, Key-station 49,(2) RME FF800,
DA-3000 DSF-5.6mhz, Mackie Control. Hofa DDP Pro, FB@ http://www.facebook.com/garybrandt2
muscletn

Post by muscletn »

Timeline wrote:It is interesting NO profile system info is listed.
Sorry I didn't list the gear:
G4 dual 1 gig, 2408 (started with MK 2, mid-stream upgraded to MK3), OS9 rig was a full complement of Bomb Factory, Waves, and Pluggo, as well as outboard Lexicon reverbs and multi-effects. On the OSX rig the used the UAD-1, Waves, and Pluggo.
muscletn

Post by muscletn »

emulatorloo wrote:
muscletn wrote: It was mastered here in Los Angeles at Capitol. This is the only non-DP aspect.
Hey, would you mind telling us about the mastering? What did you take to Capitol - two-track dat from in-the-box mixdowns? Or digital files? or your full DP rig? How was it interfaced w Capitol's gear? Etc etc.

THANKS!

--
I brought a hard drive of SDII files (also a back-up DVD of same). The CD started in the prehistoric times of 16 bit, but around half of it graduated to 24.
The SDII's were loaded into Capitol's ProTools and from there into Sonic Solutions.
In Sonic Solutions, an L-2, a Penny & Giles limiter, and Sontec analogue EQ were used. The converters were DB Technologies. The monitors were both near-field and large wall-mount Genelecs, along with NS10s.
I think that about covers it. Thanks for asking.
Timeline

Post by Timeline »

Now that's what I'm talkin about!

cool
emulatorloo

Post by emulatorloo »

muscletn wrote:I think that about covers it. Thanks for asking.
Thanks for the info - that's very interesting to me.

I really like the snippits on CDBABY - yr work - the writing, the playing, the arrangements - just sound great.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

At the suggestion of Gary (Timeline) I've created a new forum for these sorts of posts and and moving this topic there. Now feel free to plug your project and post links to your soundfiles. One caveat! The project MUST have a SUBSTANTIAL amount of the work done with Digital Peformer and you should describe what part DP played in the recording process. Thanks!
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!