The mother of all DP manual threads.

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
studiodog
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by studiodog »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:
BTW, does anyone know what page the mod to turn a coffee can into a MIDI patch bay is on? My dog ate that page and I cannot connect to my DX7 anymore.
In the Digital Performer for Windows manual it's on page 666.
alphajerk
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by alphajerk »

whats a manual?

no seriously... after being with dp since like 2.0 or some shite.... i have only gotten the thick manuals a few times over the MANY upgrades. i just went and looked, i only have TWO!

seriously tho, who reads a manual?
dual gHz, OSX 10.3.9, DP 4.6, PSP plugs [then a load of nice hardware]
Spikey Horse

Post by Spikey Horse »

As an anarcho-artist audio/MIDI punk revolutionary I immediately burned my copy of the DP manual in a skip outside the local music store where I got it because I am not going to learn the so called 'rules' or how to do things 'properly'. I believe it goes against the nature of true expression to be bound by such rational 'methods'. I have chosen to use technology rather than be used by it. A manual is just a 'brainwashing' device which destroys creativity and individuality by promoting 'their way of thinking'.

No wonder music is in the sorry state it is today with everybody going around 'using manuals' .... what ever happened to the old days of taking LSD and recording your triple album in one single take playing all instruments with your bare feet, you won't find that in any manual.
Spikey Horse

Post by Spikey Horse »

Just one quick question though, how exactly do you you know open a 'project' ?
studiodog

Post by studiodog »

Spikey Horse wrote:Just one quick question though, how exactly do you you know open a 'project' ?
Look on page G.
qo

Post by qo »

alphajerk wrote:seriously tho, who reads a manual?
Yeah, that would be, like, manual labor...or something. Pffftt
qo

Post by qo »

I'm a feminist, and until they come out with a womanual, I'm not reading it. So there!
stickwolf

Post by stickwolf »

See, I had a manual, but then I felt really sorry for one of the posters here who seemed to have a really good reason not to have one, and he seemed so stuck. So being a good samaritan I sent him mine, since I hadn't been having any troubles... But now something came up, and I almost wish I'd kept mine... If everyone followed my good example, we'd all be fine. So can someone who isn't having problems send their manual to me please? Thanks so much!
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

qo wrote:I'm a feminist, and until they come out with a womanual, I'm not reading it. So there!
Well, I'm a sexist, and until they come out with a sexmanual, I'm not reading it either. So there! (technology is just so sexy!)

Hey, aren't we in the wrong section now?
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
dixiechicken

Post by dixiechicken »

I dont have the manual because, one night when I was up creating the next Michael Jackson hit, I was attacked by an evil black hole.

I just grabbed the nearest stellar object close to me,
that beeing the DP-manual, trying to defend myself and threw it at my
attacker. But the sucker just chew it up swallowed it whole.

He did stop the attack though, but I was hit instead by a powerful gamma
ray burst and got horribly sunburned. Now I'm all icky with sunlotion all
over my body and I'm not fit for public viewing.

Cheers: Dixiechicken
------
My God it's full of stars....
------
Mac Pro 6-Core Intel Nehalem/Xeon 2.93 GHz 32-GB ram, OS-X 10.13.5-Swe, DP-9.52, Unisyn-2.11, 828-MkII,MTP-AV usb, Latest drvs, Wavearts plugs, Kurzweil-2000, Proteus-2000, EPS-16, Pod-II,
Digitech RP-155, Soundcraft UI-16, Emes Kobalt monitors.
------
MIDI Life Crisis

dixiechicken wrote:I dont have the manual because, one night when I was up creating the next Michael Jackson hit, I was attacked by an evil black hole.

I just grabbed the nearest stellar object close to me,
that beeing the DP-manual, trying to defend myself and threw it at my
attacker. But the sucker just chew it up swallowed it whole.

He did stop the attack though, but I was hit instead by a powerful gamma
ray burst and got horribly sunburned. Now I'm all icky with sunlotion all
over my body and I'm not fit for public viewing.

Cheers: Dixiechicken
You have to stop the Neverland sleepovers!
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
echo

Post by echo »

I don't have my manual because I left it at a friends house.
wvandyck

Post by wvandyck »

Bobby has this interesting habit of vomitting in the same location. (Pretty thoughtful of him actually). Being a creature of habit myself, I used to leave th Users Guide on the floor where I sit at my workstation. You guessed it, that's the site of repeat drenchings. I really didn't have a problem with this because the pages I had to rip out were sections I had alreadly...uh, read. But eventually there were no more pages. Huh? Image
2017 2.9 GHz MPB/1TB ssd; loaded 2012 i7 quadcore Mini, OS 10.15.5
DP 10.11, Logic 10.5.1, Silverface Apollo Quad/TB, K12UC, Falcon, Integra 7, MIDI guitars etc.
MIDI Life Crisis

flashgerkin wrote:Bobby has this interesting habit of vomitting in the same location. (Pretty thoughtful of him actually). Being a creature of habit myself, I used to leave th Users Guide on the floor where I sit at my workstation. You guessed it, that's the site of repeat drenchings. I really didn't have a problem with this because the pages I had to rip out were sections I had alreadly...uh, read. But eventually there were no more pages. Huh? Image
What a Cat-astrophy! Maybe you can scratch up another one? Maybe ask Paw? It's just a manual, what's it fur? (Sneaking away like a mouse... WHACK!)

:)
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
a_real_mf

Post by a_real_mf »

my friend, a devout church goer was going to xmas service, he told me he had lost his bible, you know, the big book with the fancy cover.... so we put a fancy cover on the "other" bigbook and hoped no one, particularly the BIG GUY would notice

talk about spreading holiday cheer.....

(i could be going to hell for this , but at least i'll be with all you guys!)
a real "mf" production

http://www.arealmf.com