The mother of all DP manual threads.

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
qo
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

The mother of all DP manual threads.

Post by qo »

Let's see how many different ways we can complete the following!

I don't have a manual because ________.

I don't have a manual because I'm from the future. I have a legitimate copy of DP. But, it's from the year 3135. Yes, MOTU survived and thrived and DP version 481.5 is awesome. But, it only runs on a networked cluster of Apple G73's with 900TB of holoRAM®. I'm stuck here in 2005 with a copy of DP 4.6.1 and none of the features are anywhere near the same. There's no PDF of the manual for version 481.5, but I heard that MOTU used to have a PDF available. So, could you send me one?

Thanks!

PS. How do you record enable a track in DP 4.6.1?
a_real_mf

Post by a_real_mf »

okay, i'm in....

because i spent all my money on this awesome software, but starting last march i needed to use 2 pages per day as toilet paper, now i'm left with pages 607 to the end of book... another couple of months and i'm really screwed!!!!

(give me a little time, i'll come up with something better...)
a real "mf" production

http://www.arealmf.com
qo

Post by qo »

a_real_mf wrote:(give me a little time, i'll come up with something better...)
That one split my sides. You come up with something better and it'll kill me :mrgreen:
qo

Post by qo »

I don't have the manual because it was used in a homicide (a horrible beating, please don't ask me for any details) and was confiscated as evidence. The suspect, ironically, is a Logic user. Why didn't he just use HIS manual???
studiodog
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by studiodog »

I don't have it because the government, under the Patriot Act, exercised their right to come in to my studio and confiscate it.
Spikey Horse

Post by Spikey Horse »

LOL!

Ok here goes:

I don't have a manual because.... actually I do have one but I use it to sit on so I can see the screen because I'm very short - so obviously if I were to look something up in it I wouldn't be able to see what I was doing in DP.

I don't have a manual because I don't have internet access so I had to register my copy of DP by filling in the form at the front of the manual and mailing to Motu - except I forgot to tear it out of the book first.

(Actually DP4 manuals don't have those forms in them - but I seem to remember the DP3 one did)

....OMG why am I justifying myself, it's just a joke!

I don't have a manual because it's frozen under the ice.

I don't have my manual anymore because I once missread someone's advice in this forum and trashed my referances.

I say, that last one was very clever - even if I do say so myself :wink:
studiodog

Post by studiodog »

I can't get the manual to open because it doesn't recognize the iLok. I guess my iLok broke...
qo

Post by qo »

studiodog wrote:I don't have it because the government, under the Patriot Act, exercised their right to come in to my studio and confiscate it.
If you read the manual upside down and backwards, the search warrant is on page 34 (or is it 43). No, wait, how would I know that? I don't have a manual!
Spikey Horse wrote:I don't have my manual anymore because I once missread someone's advice in this forum and trashed my referances.

I say, that last one was very clever - even if I do say so myself
Word play of the year award! :idea:
kwiz

Post by kwiz »

I don't have my manual because I can't drive stick.
Great family and friends!

Mac Studio M2 Max, MacPro 8 core (trashcan), MacBook Pro 16 in 2023, OSX Ventura, DP 11, Pro Tools, Logic Pro X, Motu 112D, 24Ao, 8M, 896 MKIII, UA Apollo 16, Waves Horizon, Slate Everything Bundle, Plugin Alliance Bundle, UAD-2 Satellite DSP Accelerator, UAD Apollo Twin.
Native Instruments Komplete 14 Ultimate, Console 1 MKIII w/C1 Fader

"Without struggle, there is no progress"

F. Douglas
builder

Post by builder »

My studiodog ate it.

or

Ah s**t, its in my other pair of pants.
Music - http://www.missingpalmerwest.com/Missin ... songs.html

Dual 2.0 G5 (Rev. A), 4.5 GB Ram, Powerbook 1.5 GHZ 1.5 GB Ram, (BLA) 828mkII, UAD-1 X2 , 10.4.8, DP 5.13, Sebatron VMP2000e, Sytek MPA, Many Mics
studiodog

Post by studiodog »

I lost all my money and my manual playing craps in Vegas.

And what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas...
Spikey Horse

Post by Spikey Horse »

I HAV IT BT I NEED SUM1 2 TRANSL8T IT 4 ME COZ ITS RITN IN A 4REN LANGWAGE THE WORDS R 2 LONG 4 ME 2 UND R STAND - THNX!
richard

Post by richard »

Oh, but I do have a manual. I just need two!

We have two eyes to read with, and, according to scientists, we have brains more powerful than any computer out there. I figure that if I read both manuals at once, I could get ahead in the game and actually finish the manual before the next release of DP comes out! (for future reference, I'll need a manual for DP 5.0 too)

All my woes could be solved if there were a PDF version out there.... Since I have two video monitors (sorry, I lost the serial numbers on them), I could easily display two copies of the PDF on each monitor and accomplish the same thing as having two manuals.

Rich
Richard Temple
G5 2x2 4.5Gb, MacBook, 828mkII, Tascam FW 1804, DP, Logic, Giga, MachV, Reason, Live, EW Gold, Stormdrums, Atmosphere....
www.mutexmusic.com
chrispick

Post by chrispick »

Manuel and I aren't talking. He called me a jerkwad and I said you're the jerkwad and he said am not then knocked over this thing I have and I was like way to go idiot so he left. Oh, and I lost his number.
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

chrispick wrote:Manuel and I aren't talking. He called me a jerkwad and I said you're the jerkwad and he said am not then knocked over this thing I have and I was like way to go idiot so he left. Oh, and I lost his number.
I don't have the manual because I thought that the SVP manual would work and the guy at MOTU told me they would give me a big discount if they could save the money that it would cost to ship. So I am using the SVP manual, but it doesn't work as well as I would like it to, But since I am running DP on an Apple IIe, it really doesn't matter. Does it?

BTW, does anyone know what page the mod to turn a coffee can into a MIDI patch bay is on? My dog ate that page and I cannot connect to my DX7 anymore.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS